It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: Did anybody do ANYTHING today?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:06 am 
Crown Grade

I trapped another skunk from under my shop deck last night. To exercise the dogs this morning, I had to put leashes on them to get them away from the shop and ensure they didn't go investigate the skunk and get sprayed. I've got the truck loaded up to go shoot skeet this morning, so I'll deal with this varmint when I get home. The skunk wars continue.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I hired a professional trapper to catch a skunk under my front porch. The guy had years of experience and swears that the best skunk bait in existence is “Cheetos”! It works! He is also able to cover the skunk cage calmly and cart off the critter without being sprayed.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Riflemeister wrote:
I trapped another skunk from under my shop deck last night. To exercise the dogs this morning, I had to put leashes on them to get them away from the shop and ensure they didn't go investigate the skunk and get sprayed. I've got the truck loaded up to go shoot skeet this morning, so I'll deal with this varmint when I get home. The skunk wars continue.

Have you tried that bottle of skunk smell remover stuff I gave you :?: Really interested to see if it works. :D :D

cdb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:30 pm 
Presentation Grade

cdb1097 wrote:
Riflemeister wrote:

Have you tried that bottle of skunk smell remover stuff I gave you :?: Really interested to see if it works. :D :D

cdb
Why would Rex use that? It's become obvious that he likes the smell. :):):)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:04 pm 
Crown Grade

cdb1097 wrote:
Riflemeister wrote:

cdb

I'm still using the bottle of stuff I got earlier to de-skunk Rebel. This time I dug up all the dirt from under the trap and discarded it in the pasture behind the house and then sprayed the Skunk-Off liberally all around. I think it is going to be better this time. Next time (did I just say "next time?) I'll use the spray you gave me and see how it works.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:25 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

On Monday I split and stacked a cord of firewood. At 68, that hard on the old bod. Tuesday (yesterday) was my skeet shooting day with the boys at Adrian, MO, and I went. I was about as sore and stiff with tight muscles as I have ever been. Every movement hurt. I can’t take Advil because of other meds that I’m on. Sooo, guess what! I couldn’t hit a thing. Missed four in a row, plus others. It hurt too much to turn my body and swing a lead. Terrible day! Maybe I’ll feel better next week.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Actually it was yesterday, 31 miles on the bike, 188 miles so far this year. :D

cdb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:37 pm 
Presentation Grade

cdb1097 wrote:
Actually it was yesterday, 31 miles on the bike, 188 miles so far this year. :D

cdb

{hs# :!:

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:53 pm 
Presentation Grade

Today I had a choice between a quick trip to Piney Creek to see if the strikers and hybrids are still running, or a quick trip to the range to see if I can shoot with my new red dot.

So I compromised, and did both. Those chores will still be there tomorrow.

The bass were still there. They tend to be small, but are great on light tackle.

Speaking of light, I'm a believer in red dots now.

Great day so far, and now I get to go to dinner with local family, especially including 17 month old Sawyer!

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hope you had a good time, sounds like you had a good day :!:

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:06 pm 
Field Grade

Raining on and off today, but went to the club anyway to shoot trap. First round shot 20 with my Beretta Onyx Pro Trap - a little disappointed. Put gun away because of the rain, and took out my CZ Sharptail 20 ga. which I had never shot trap with and proceeded to break 23. Both misses were me. Pleased with a good little gun.

20 GA CZ-USA Sharptail

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

32 bicycle miles today

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:41 pm 
Presentation Grade

Good job, Chuck.

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:37 am 
Crown Grade

Kannoncocker wrote:
Today I had a choice between a quick trip to Piney Creek to see if the strikers and hybrids are still running, or a quick trip to the range to see if I can shoot with my new red dot.

So I compromised, and did both. Those chores will still be there tomorrow.

The bass were still there. They tend to be small, but are great on light tackle.

Speaking of light, I'm a believer in red dots now.

Great day so far, and now I get to go to dinner with local family, especially including 17 month old Sawyer!

Are you using the red dot sight on a handgun or did you go with the Crimson Trace laser? I thought last time in Alabama I had you convinced on getting the laser like I had on my Sig. I do use a red dot on my Ruger MK-ll, but mainly for metallic silhouette matches.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:03 pm 
Presentation Grade

The red dot is on a P320 RX, which came home with me when a Kahr T9 was not available and a 28 gauge Browning was taken by someone quicker than me.

The P226 doesn't have a Crimson Trace yet, but that's still in the works.

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:06 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have a crimson trace on my glock 43, would not have a carry gun without one now.

cdb

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

41 miles on the Trek Domone SL6 Disc today.

cdb

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

30 miles on the bicycle this afternoon, then did a 3 hour troubleshooting job.

cdb

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:43 am 
Crown Grade

cdb1097 wrote:

cdb

It appears your stamina is rebounding exceptionally well. It would be super to see you at the MLK weekend pheasant hunt and the Alabama bobwhite hunt. These two hunts are quite different in a lot of respects, but so rewarding in the solid satisfaction of good friends, dogs and good flying birds. I'm so glad to hear you're doing so much better.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Riflemeister wrote:
cdb1097 wrote:

cdb

It appears your stamina is rebounding exceptionally well. It would be super to see you at the MLK weekend pheasant hunt and the Alabama bobwhite hunt. These two hunts are quite different in a lot of respects, but so rewarding in the solid satisfaction of good friends, dogs and good flying birds. I'm so glad to hear you're doing so much better.

My goal is to be my old self again at the 4b's hunt and to make amends with you, Rebel or Bodie with that bobwhite that bounced off my face and made me look like a complete idiot :lol: :lol: or at least with one of its offsprings :D :D

312.2 miles so far this year. 21.5 today

cdb

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next