It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: Did anybody do ANYTHING today?
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

I want to be in the background on that!

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Kannoncocker wrote:
I want to be in the background on that!

Hopefully with a movie camera :!: :D :D

cdb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:43 am 
Crown Grade

cdb1097 wrote:
Riflemeister wrote:
cdb1097 wrote:
30 miles on the bicycle this afternoon, then did a 3 hour troubleshooting job.

cdb

It appears your stamina is rebounding exceptionally well. It would be super to see you at the MLK weekend pheasant hunt and the Alabama bobwhite hunt. These two hunts are quite different in a lot of respects, but so rewarding in the solid satisfaction of good friends, dogs and good flying birds. I'm so glad to hear you're doing so much better.

My goal is to be my old self again at the 4b's hunt and to make amends with you, Rebel or Bodie with that bobwhite that bounced off my face and made me look like a complete idiot :lol: :lol: or at least with one of its offsprings :D :D

312.2 miles so far this year. 21.5 today

cdb

That was a classic "trust your dog" experience. I think we'd kicked through every bit of cover that Bode was pointing, and had just decided the bird was gone despite Bode giving his best "it's right here" point. The moment we relaxed, that bird flushed right under your feet, gave you a facial, and flew off unharmed as we flailed around trying to look like bird hunters. Those are the ones you will never forget.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:10 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hi,

I guess it's time to put the dock in the lake. Wasn't sure we were actually going to see ice out up here by the fishing opener. But, I just needed to have a little more faith in spring actually getting here.

I fear I will be jarred awake with the roar of boat motors at midnight as 694 Savages hit the lakes up norf. To quote a song, Pray for the Fish!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:20 am 
Presentation Grade

Ordered two kinds of timber luxe today. I'm going to strip my Cz bobwhite 20 and let the wood be free!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Started putting the trim up in the basement today.

cdb

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:35 pm 
Presentation Grade

That's a great opportunity for you to get one of those fairly new Milwaukee 18 ga trim guns. You'd like that. Cordless and very effective.

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:09 am 
Crown Grade

Kannoncocker wrote:
That's a great opportunity for you to get one of those fairly new Milwaukee 18 ga trim guns. You'd like that. Cordless and very effective.

It would have to be semi-auto for cdb, none of those SXS or O/U trim guns for him.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:33 am 
Presentation Grade

No problem about that. Mine even has a bump fire capability. Great feature when you want to nail a lot of them.

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have a brad nailer, it is a SA, pull the trigger, you get one nail, it also has a bump fire mode, hold the trigger loosely, and you will get a full auto, not a good option when putting up trim.

cdb

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

31.7 miles on the Trek today, it was hot, 84 degrees.

cdb

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:15 pm 
Field Grade

Flew to Tampa Fl to drive back to Alabama sunday with my dad, bringing back a new to me golf cart and getting ready for my son to graduate from high school next Friday.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:54 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Got out of bed, made some coffee, deciding what to do today. :D

cdb

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hi,

Just sitting here drinking tea with the little Black Russian Wench curled up next to me in my recliner.

I just finished writing my resignation letter to the Fire Department that I have been a member of for 25 years. It was harder to do than I expected. I am both a firefighter and medic and next week I will stand my last ambulance watch.

What am I going to do at 2AM now?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:51 pm 
Presentation Grade

For lack of a better term I was event coordinator for a sporting clays shoot today to benefit Missouri Disabled Sportsmen. Rainy weather might have kept a few people from attending as we were down 8 shooters from last years event. However we had a good time, got some disabled guys out to shoot, and managed to raise some funds for a worthy cause & organization. Not a bad day.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:54 pm 
Presentation Grade

cattoon wrote:
Flew to Tampa Fl to drive back to Alabama sunday with my dad, bringing back a new to me golf cart and getting ready for my son to graduate from high school next Friday.

Boy, I hope you're gonna use that cart at Limestone on the clays course!

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:32 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The damn city sold my golf course and it is now permanently closed. It was a great course, semi-private and I've been a member there for 12 years. No notice, no letter to members about impending doom, just pull the flags and lock the doors.

I can't justify either of the two country clubs in town and wouldn't join a country club even if I won the lottery. I'm pi$$ed. :x :x :x

Gig 'Em Aggies!
Boosting the numbers with every post

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:59 am 
Crown Grade

jer901 wrote:
The damn city sold my golf course and it is now permanently closed. It was a great course, semi-private and I've been a member there for 12 years. No notice, no letter to members about impending doom, just pull the flags and lock the doors.

I can't justify either of the two country clubs in town and wouldn't join a country club even if I won the lottery. I'm pi$$ed. :x :x :x

Maybe they're telling you it's time to move out west again and get a bird dog to keep you active. Sometimes it takes something like them closing your golf course to get you out of your comfort zone and re-evaluating what you are doing with your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:06 pm 
Diamond Grade

Condolences, jer901. I'm sorry you lost your links and don't like your local private CC's. If I had to choose between my membership at 'THE' Geneva Country Club (est. 1890!!) and my shooting sports I'd have a hard time deciding which was more important. I mean, I golfed every day this week (walking!!) and tomorrow I'm going to shoot my scheduled summer skeet league, after a 45 minute drive just to get there. I really enjoy both activities as I'm assuming you do. Hope you can find a happy solution.

Can the private clubs really be that bad??.......................the Mailman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

mailman wrote:
Condolences, jer901. ..........

Can the private clubs really be that bad??.......................the Mailman

They are country clubs, complete with ridiculous initiation fees, outrageous annual dues, monthly spending/dining requirements, and all the other hoity toity foofaraw that goes with "elite" country clubs. I actually don't know how this town of 65,000 can support two.

The club I lost was semi-private but reasonable membership and membership had its benefits.

I've played the local public - ex-military course a few times and it's ok. Just not the same as it's not well kept. I've played a semi-private in the next town as well. Right now it's what I have.

Gig 'Em Aggies!
Boosting the numbers with every post

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next