It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85
 Post subject: Re: Did anybody do ANYTHING today?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

I actually did this on Friday and am a day late. I recently bought a Shotkam and took it skeet shooting Friday morning for two rounds. It showed I wiggle the gun around too much prior to calling for the clay. Watching the video afterwards seemed to be more fun than actual skeet shooting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:52 pm 
Diamond Grade

That's a shame about the golf, jer901. When I say I golf @ 'THE' GCC, it is the only private club in town. We have the best super in the area and unlimited water for the course as we're on the north end of Seneca lake with direct access. I've never played on a more pristine venue. I have a senior (over 60) membership which allows me to play M-F, tee off or make the turn by 11:00 AM. It fits my schedule perfectly. With no extra charges my yearly membership costs a whopping $600! In my posse we all are walkers, but if you want to ride you can get unlimited cart use for another $600. Our senior dues are actually $200 less/yr. that the two local public courses nearby.

Good luck with your playing time. My group here realizes how lucky we are.............the Mailman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I used to a lot of golf years ago. I enjoyed the game but completely gave it up because I determined that to hold your own or improve that I would need to play at least twice a week or more. I just didn’t have the time, so I gave it up entirely.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

mailman wrote:
That's a shame about the golf, jer901. When I say I golf @ 'THE' GCC, it is the only private club in town. We have the best super in the area and unlimited water for the course as we're on the north end of Seneca lake with direct access. I've never played on a more pristine venue. I have a senior (over 60) membership which allows me to play M-F, tee off or make the turn by 11:00 AM. It fits my schedule perfectly. With no extra charges my yearly membership costs a whopping $600! In my posse we all are walkers, but if you want to ride you can get unlimited cart use for another $600. Our senior dues are actually $200 less/yr. that the two local public courses nearby.

Good luck with your playing time. My group here realizes how lucky we are.............the Mailman

Mailman my old club was a lot like that, except I'm in south Georgia. I also had a senior membership - $60/month or $600/year as well. Unlimited play M-F and after noon on Sundays. Carts, if you wanted one, were $15/18 holes. I am also a walker - I carried my bag until I was 65 then I bought a push cart. The only time I used a club cart was in tournaments. If the course wasn't backed up, and it never was at 7 AM on weekdays, we could walk 18 in 3-1/2 hours, have lunch in the clubhouse, and done or play another 9 or 18 if we wanted.

Lots of water and an occasional alligator. The super did a good job taking out water moccasins and the gators never bothered anyone. I've played a few really nice courses in my life - this course was as well maintained as any of them. It wasn't particularly long, just 7000 yards from the championship tees, 6300 from the members tees, but it wasn't a pushover. Shot placement was more important than length off the tee. It was a plenty adequate challenge for guys like me that carry an index around 7 to 9. Lots of pine tree lined fairways as are common in the south, water on 10 holes, and big greens with a lot of tricky pin placements. I loved the course, and it's about to be covered up with asphalt and houses.

I don't mind driving a half hour to play a couple of times a week, so I can go in four directions and play decent courses for a reasonable price. It's just not the same. But I will survive.

Gig 'Em Aggies!
Boosting the numbers with every post

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:48 am 
Presentation Grade

billwnr wrote:
I actually did this on Friday and am a day late. I recently bought a Shotkam and took it skeet shooting Friday morning for two rounds. It showed I wiggle the gun around too much prior to calling for the clay. Watching the video afterwards seemed to be more fun than actual skeet shooting.

Been looking, pondering one myself. Just wasn't sure it would be worth the cost, glad to hear you are enjoying it. Still undecided but like the positive report.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

jac63 wrote:
billwnr wrote:

Been looking, pondering one myself. Just wasn't sure it would be worth the cost, glad to hear you are enjoying it. Still undecided but like the positive report.

I think there will be something to learn once dove season opens. They don't fly the same as clays on a skeet range. I expect to see a lot of shots behind the dove.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:40 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: Dutchess County, NY - the northern most county of Alabama
Yesterday, I did my first round of sporting clays for this year.

- Ben Franklin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I got out my ancient Auto 5 light 12 with an actual fixed skeet choke barrel and three boxes of Gun Club #8 light target loads and shot three games. Hadn’t shot that gun in forever, but it shot very well and didn’t miss a lick.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:17 pm 
Presentation Grade

Good job taking the old gal out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85