It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Getting more serious
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:49 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey guys,

Checking in from Birmingham, AL. I've been shooting at Selwood a few times, and I'm looking to get more serious into shooting sports. Any suggestions as to where I can hone my skills in this area, or any club I should seek out that might be able to help me? Any friendly clubs in the area I should check out? Red Eagle is on my list.

Thanks for any help,

Chuckshot

Post subject: Re: Getting more serious
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:57 pm 
Crown Grade

Here is a map, put in your zip code and mileage you're willing to drive

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/search-clubs-location/

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:04 pm 
Tournament Grade

Southern Skeet and Trap is local, I shoot there quite often. They have skeet, trap. 5 stand
and wobble bird. PM me and we can talk more.

Nolen

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:32 pm 
Diamond Grade

Southern Skeet and Trap has the least expensive 5 stand around. $5 for a round of 25 birds, which includes, a wobble, teal and rabbit in the 8 presentations. We have a bounty out on the wobble trap field, 1st straight with each gauge for bragging rights. Open Sat and Sun 9 am till late, Wed 11:00 am till late. We have lights on the Skeet, Trap and 5 Stand.
Probably the best challenge for Sporting Clays in central Ala is CMP at Talledega.
You have to walk a little from the cart to the shooting station, but everything is first class. Check the schedule, closed on Mon and Tues, I think.
You might want to check out Orvis, Pursell Farms. Open 7 days a week, sporting is easy, good for beginning and middle class shooters. Very nice place.