CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 870 Express Combo vs. Beretta ES100 pintail Combo
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:04 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi, I'm new to the forum and sport..

I'm looking to purchase my first shotgun. It will be used for hunting big game, small game, and waterfoul. I am interested in purchasing either the Remington Express Combo (28" barrel, 26" fully rifled barrel). Or the Beretta ES100 Pintail Combo (28" barrel, 24 fully rifled barrel)..The area I will be hunting is a "controlled area" (shotgun ONLY). What are the PRO'S and CON'S of the two. What are some of your opinions?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: 870 Express Combo vs. Beretta ES100 pintail Combo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:32 pm 
Presentation Grade

I owned and used a 870 express super mag combo for 5 years and traded it and some cash for a pintail combo a few years back. The pintail is a dead reliable auto. It's operates similarly to my Benelli Super Black Eagle 2. I use winchester Partition gold slugs and have 100 yard accuracy that still astonishes me. I would recommend a pintail(es100) to anyone looking for a cost effective combo. I use mine as a deer gun primarily and carry it when hunting as a backup to my SBE2. My pintail will feed anything I have tried to feed it and never seems to get dirty. If I had to get by on one shotgun it would be my pick and I own a sbe2 ,a 1187, a browning gold sporting clays and 2 A-5's. The only downside is it kicks worse than most auto's. I have a limbsaver on mine and that helped tame it a bunch. The stock recoil pad just sucks. Thats the only complaint I have.