It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 503LX choke tubes
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:39 pm 
Field Grade

A couple of weeks back I picked up a Verona 503 LX in 28ga. It was never fired but missing the box,a choke tube and wrench. I am having a hard time to find some choke tubes.Tried Briley,Trulock and others. No luck! Today I found some Rizzini 5/6/7/9 series at a great price,but don't know if they will work. Is the 5/series the same as the 503???
Thanks

Post subject: Re: 503LX choke tubes
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:32 pm 
Presentation Grade

Briley and Trulock list Verona chokes on their websites. Gunbroker has them also.
The LX 5XX,6XX,7XX take the same chokes. The 980 is from a different manufacture, same for the SX auto.

THe 5 series included LX500,501,502,503,504,505

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:24 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

28 gauge is going to be harder to find. Here is one source.
http://www.comp-n-choke.com/category/CVerona28g.html
Veronas were made by Rizzini. Might be worth taking a chance on those chokes, if you could return them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:50 pm 
Field Grade

Purchased skeet and imp. mod.Will post back after I get back from my trip on 9/28.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:50 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: Dutchess County, NY - the northern most county of Alabama
oregunner wrote:
28 gauge is going to be harder to find. Here is one source.
http://www.comp-n-choke.com/category/CVerona28g.html
Veronas were made by Rizzini. Might be worth taking a chance on those chokes, if you could return them.

There are several "Rizzini" families in Italy in the gun trade. So you have to be careful when stating the guns were made by Rizzini. The guns were NOT made by the RizziniUSA company. They were made by F.A.I.R. which is the Isadora Rizzini Company that can not use the name Rizzini in the USA due to to copyright restrictions. Caesar Guerini owners are also related to the Rizzini families too.

So when ordering chokes for LX500 series, LX6xx series & LX702 series shotguns the maker was F.A.I.R. - F.A.I.R. also sold guns to Savage (Milano) and Legacy plus sold a few F.A.I.R. labeled guns that Cabela's carried for a period of time. I don't think they have any importers for the USA at present.

The LX900 series Verona guns were made by Zoli and use different chokes than the F.A.I.R guns.

The Semi Auto guns were either Italian or Turk made guns and again use different chokes that the F.A.I.R. or Zoli made guns.

- Ben Franklin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:33 pm 
Field Grade

Took a chance on the the 28ga choke tubes and ordered two skeet and a imp. mod. Got them from CDNN for 4.99 ea! They mike out the same as the two that came with the gun and fit fine. I am Happy Happy Happy. They have a bunch of skeet tubes and a few of the imp.mods left.