CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What bushing for Lee Load-All and E3?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:00 am 
Utility Grade

It's kind of a pain to swap bushings and weigh charges with the load-all, so I was wondering if anyone knows what size bushing will throw closest to 16.5 grains of E3.

Thanks
Chris P.

Post subject: Re: What bushing for Lee Load-All and E3?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:09 am 
Field Grade

E3 meters close to Red Dot in that range. I would suggest trying bushing .141 and if that doesn't work try .148. That puts you in the ballpark without having to try all of your bushings. Also, I strongly suggest weighing the charge as well. I have the newest Alliant Powder book and it has E3 listed for MEC bushings but not the Lee. I use MEC Bushing #28 and it throws 16.4 - 16.5 grains of E3. The same bushing throws the same amount of Red Dot as well. Some of the other bushings though throw E3 .1 - .3 grains higher than Red Dot. That is why I said to weigh the charge and that should get you in the ballpark. If neither bushing works just try the one under .141. I know you didn't want to swap but that's the only way I know of unless you called Lee customer service and asked them if they have any new bushing data for the newer powders

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:06 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks alot. At least I know where to start

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:38 pm 
Reloading Expert
Reloading Expert

Aha yes, another of the user friendly features of the LEE Load All. I'd almost forgotten how much fun they are to use. It's all coming back to me again now! :cry:

BP