CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stevens Model 77F Value
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:56 pm 
Utility Grade

Inherited this shotgun when my father passed away. It is a 12 gauge and the condition is like new, possibly unfired. I believe he bought it new on impulse sometime in the 60's and it has sat in the case in his basement since then. He did not hunt or sport shoot as a hobby. Plain wood stock, no vent or ribbing on barrel which is 25". I personally do not hunt and already own a Winchester Defender which, although not as pretty, is functionally superior and holds more shells. One more thing, gun has no serial number that I can find, so I believe it's from the "cash and carry" era of gun sales(?)

I am presently considering a few options:

1) Private sale or trade at gun show.

2) Shorten barrel to 18-20" range and turn it into a Stevens "riot" gun replica.

3) Leave it bone stock and hang onto it.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Post subject: Re: Stevens Model 77F Value
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:02 pm 
Crown Grade

It's value is in the $175 range....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:37 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I would suggest that for the present time that you just leave it bone stock and hang onto it. Since the gun was inherited from your deceased father, it may have a sentimental value to you that will grow through the years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:57 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the info guys.

Since I already have a 12 I sold the Stevens as is to a good friend of mine. I threw in the case and a box of shells for a total of $200.

He already has an old bolt action 16 and a 20 gauge pump so it kind of rounds out his collection.