It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Member looking for info on a Sears shotgun
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:16 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello,

We have a Sears shotgun 16 gauge it does not have any identifying marks no serial # or model number. It's in good shape

Wondering if this shotgun is old. I would like to sell but need to determine how much it's worth. Appreciate you feedback

thank you
LynnJack

Post subject: Re: New Member looking for info on a Sears shotgun
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:25 pm 
Crown Grade

You need to post a little more information about your shotgun to get an answer. For instance, I believe High Standard made some pumps and semi-autos for Sears, Marlin made over/unders and I think Mossberg or Stevens made bolt actions.

Which do you have?

Sears hasn't sold shotguns for a long time, probably '60s or '70s but age will not do much to increase the value of a Sears shotgun.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:54 pm 
Crown Grade

Many companies made guns for Sears over the years

http://proofhouse.com/cm/house_brand.htm

Scroll down until you get to Sears. There will be a model number somewhere, most likely on the top of the barrel.

Even in great shape they aren't worth much. Once you determine which gun hou have. look at closed sales on GunBroker to see what they really sold for.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:48 pm 
Utility Grade

Zbigniew wrote:
You need to post a little more information about your shotgun to get an answer. For instance, I believe High Standard made some pumps and semi-autos for Sears, Marlin made over/unders and I think Mossberg or Stevens made bolt actions.

Which do you have?

Sears hasn't sold shotguns for a long time, probably '60s or '70s but age will not do much to increase the value of a Sears shotgun.

I agree. There were several manufacturers that made guns for sears.
I have a sears model 200 pump that was made by winchester.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:52 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have a Sears Ted Williams single shot break open 12 ga that I know is over 50 years old. It was made In Brazil . By whom, I will never know.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith