It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wild boar hunting price
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:14 pm 
Field Grade

Hi I'm looking for a wild boar hunting area in the states where it is declared a plague, I would like to know how much the owners of the fields usually charge for hunting in them

Thank

Post subject: Re: Wild boar hunting price
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:17 pm 
Diamond Grade

In TX they are a plague and there should be a bounty on them. Try going on Craig's list and see if you can find any hunts. The problem is getting worse every passing year.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:04 am 
Field Grade

Thanks for the page, I saw in texas about 150

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

Texas Yankee wrote:
In TX they are a plague and there should be a bounty on them. Try going on Craig's list and see if you can find any hunts. The problem is getting worse every passing year.

I agree.... if not a bounty, at least let the hunters get rid of as many as possible. Unfortunately, ( and this isn't only in Texas ) some landowners have found this to be better than any crop(s) they can raise. I've inquired about several hunts and they all have a got'cha clause mostly being cutting up the boar ( by them ) at $ 1.00 a pound. Now $ 1.00 a pound doesn't sound like much until you shoot 3 or four 200 or more pound pigs. We all know a 100 pound pig doesn't equal 100 lbs of take home meat. Some will charge you the same even if you donate the meat to charity ! A boar hunt is on my bucket list but not at some of those prices. " Trophy " boar can go for $ 1500 and up depending on weight.
Seems a plague like boars should be eradicated. I don't mind people making money on it but at least be reasonable. Or at least allowing the hunters to cut up their own meat. Just my own thoughts... :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

Texas Yankee wrote:

I agree.... if not a bounty, at least let the hunters get rid of as many as possible. Unfortunately, ( and this isn't only in Texas ) some landowners have found this to be better than any crop(s) they can raise. I've inquired about several hunts and they all have a got'cha clause mostly being cutting up the boar ( by them ) at $ 1.00 a pound. Now $ 1.00 a pound doesn't sound like much until you shoot 3 or four 200 or more pound pigs. We all know a 100 pound pig doesn't equal 100 lbs of take home meat. Some will charge you the same even if you donate the meat to charity ! A boar hunt is on my bucket list but not at some of those prices. " Trophy " boar can go for $ 1500 and up depending on weight.
Seems a plague like boars should be eradicated. I don't mind people making money on it but at least be reasonable. Or at least allowing the hunters to cut up their own meat. Just my own thoughts... :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:45 am 
Diamond Grade

I would love to go on a boar hunt but I am not paying you for me to help you with your problem. If its guided, I could see paying the guide but the land owner shouldn't receive anything. It's your problem not mine, sorry but I have morals.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 pm 
Utility Grade

I have found its cheaper to hunt in Africa than out west or north to Alaska. I have made five trips to Africa to hunt with friends from Africa. air fare and stay, plus animals can be done for 3000.00-4000.00. eastbanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:57 pm 
Crown Grade

eastbank wrote:
I have found its cheaper to hunt in Africa than out west or north to Alaska. I have made five trips to Africa to hunt with friends from Africa. air fare and stay, plus animals can be done for 3000.00-4000.00. eastbanks.

What animals and how many can you hunt when you factor air fare is half your stated amount?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin