It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ruger customer service
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:23 pm 
Field Grade

When my red label barrels came out of the monobloc, I called Ruger. They told me there was nothing they could do for me. I plan to bad mouth their non-existing customer service to any and all that will listen in perpetuity. From Ruger lover to hater in 1 phone call!

Post subject: Re: Ruger customer service
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:32 pm 
Crown Grade

Since those guns were discontinued some time ago, blaming them for no longer supporting that product is just wrong and very immature on your part. Those guns sucked in the first place which is why they never sold well and were discontinued. It's like blaming Ford for no longer supporting your 1972 Pinto. Grow up.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:56 pm 
Presentation Grade

Five forks wrote:
When my red label barrels came out of the monobloc, I called Ruger. They told me there was nothing they could do for me. I plan to bad mouth their non-existing customer service to any and all that will listen in perpetuity. From Ruger lover to hater in 1 phone call!

Please let us know some key pieces of information. Did you purchase the gun in question new? When did you purchase the gun? What gauge is the gun?

I ask because it is possible that you recently purchased the gun new from an authorized Ruger dealer after that gun sat in a back room for quite a while. While it is unlikely it is possible.

I would also be interested if this was one of the guns manufactured only a few years ago, or if this gun was one of the older guns manufactured many years ago?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:15 pm 
Field Grade

Road Man, purchased used 12ga , 2014 manufactured. According to internet search, this is a fairly common problem.
Oneounceload, you are so grown up and mature and are an expert as to which guns suck, could you help me choose my next gun? Please!?!
Since Ruger was no help, does anyone know someone that can repair this gun that apparently "sucked"? All help appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:32 pm 
Crown Grade

Did you try your local gunsmith?

As to your next gun, I'll leave that to you; maybe you'll have better luck. I had one as well and got stung by their inability to service it - and they were still making them the first go round when it happened.
Lesson: Don't buy shotguns from a rifle/pistol maker

As to grown up and mature, I'M not the one screaming how Ruger screwed them over:

Quote:
I plan to bad mouth their non-existing customer service to any and all that will listen in perpetuity.

REAL mature..... :roll:

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 pm 
Crown Grade

Oneounceload, I think the OP proves your George Carlin Quote. The guy is obviously an idiot, so I wouldn't stoop to his level.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:19 pm 
Field Grade

You are correct! It is obvious that I am an idiot. I should not have complained about the customer service on the gun that I should not have bought and should not have started this thread.
By the way, it was my local gunsmith that advised me to contact Ruger. A plethora of bad decisions on my part.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:31 am 
Presentation Grade

I would like to add that the old Red Labels were a completely different gun then the new. I've got a 20 gauge Sporting Clays with thousands and thousands of rounds thru it since I bought it used about 14 years ago. Who knows how many before that. If Bill Ruger were still around this thread wouldn't even exist.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:08 am 
Diamond Grade

Five Forks,

If you purchased this new I'm 100% on your side. Just because Ruger no longer makes that gun any longer doesn't relived them of some professional responsibility of at the very least assisting you in directing you to a competent smith and getting the repair done correctly. I am to assuming the gun was not abused and it's only three or four years old, that shouldn't have happened.
I guess had it exploded in your face it would be a different story, thankfully it didn't.

PM to follow.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:19 am 
Crown Grade

It was used per the OP. If he had copped a different attitude along the lines of "Help me, I bought this gun and this happened, what can I do?", responses would have been different. But to act like a petulant child ranting how one is going to bad mouth a company forever? Sorry.....just uncalled for.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:15 am 
Diamond Grade

We've all seen folks start off on the wrong foot in the past, it won't be the last time. I'm one, that on more than one occasion has stuck my foot in mouth. I am also one to say, I made a mistake and will man up.

In my opinion, anytime a modern firearm prematurely fails it the responsibility of the owner to seek information relative to the failure from the manufacturer. A responsible manufacture has a responsibility and obligation to all owners of such firearm to make sure they are safe without engineering defects that result in failure and or injury. I would say Five Forks acted responsibly, but may have gone a little high and to the right when he didn't receive what he thought was a satisfactory response from Ruger.

I think I may have done the same thing, except I don't know that I would have settled for no action. I would have boxed the gun up and mailed it back and told them to keep it, I'll never buy another Ruger. We all have the ability to make irrational responses, I don't know if this is one of those or not. I do know he had a failure that had potential to be catastrophic. The post has my attention especially when someone comments that the Ruger Red Labels have know problems. Problems are one thing falling apart, well we're not talking about getting a firing pin from Turkey. We are talking about an American Icon, a Ruger!

Five Forks, please post images of the gun.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:59 am 
Crown Grade

If this happened shortly after he bought it used from someone,, personally, I'd be after that dude, not Ruger for an explanation; but even if he got snookered on this, it comes down to doing due diligence before the buy. Some basic research would have pulled up enough threads on a wide variety of forums about issues so he would have known to go over it with an extra-fine comb. I got screwed on a new one from them the first go-round (pre-internet) so there wasn't this wealth of readily available information. I still own some Rugers, but I stick to things they have managed to do fairly decent - .22 pistols and rifles and pocket pistols.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:28 am 
Diamond Grade

Oneounceload,

I agree with everything you wrote and your logic. I also believe if a modern-day firearm fails prematurely under normal use he is doing everyone a favor, especially Ruger. I can't imagine Ruger wouldn't want to see the failure and make some sort of good will resolution. I don't think he's entitled to a brand new gun, but some form of consideration.
If by chance something positive does happen he should just say, "they made it right!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Did Ruger provide any kind of warranty with the purchase of a new Red Label?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:46 pm 
Field Grade

I know the gun has been discontinued, therefore, I was not looking for a new gun to replace my old used gun. I was just looking for a little help. I am willing to pay for the repair. They offered no help, no advice- nothing. My local gunsmith has the gun. I think this repair is beyond his capabilities. He is the reason I contacted Ruger. He said they are a company that would stand behind their products. It was a 90-95% condition gun that I bought from the original owner. Used, not abused.
Texas Yankee, I will stop by the shop and take pictures. They don't have to make it right, but I would appreciate them making an effort at some semblance of service.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:16 pm 
Diamond Grade

Five Forks, please see my PM, you should find it interesting. PM me and I'll shoot you my email. I'm overseas so it has to be email conversation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:00 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

lossking wrote:
Did Ruger provide any kind of warranty with the purchase of a new Red Label?

Ruger does not offer a written warranty. However, they have taken good care of their customers in the past. I personally sent back a (that I bought used) Red Label 28 gauge that the stock cracked on. "Send it in. If it's our fault, we'll fix it free. If not, you pay for repairs". More than fair, in my mind. Two weeks later it showed up with a new stock on it, and the old one came back, too. I also sent back a Redhawk until they replaced it with a brand new one.

However, if they can't fix it, they can't fix it. What surprises me that that they didn't offer to do anything - in similar cases, I've heard they offered a significant discount on anything they are currently offering.

I'd go to the website, "Contact Us", and find "Tell the CEO". He claims that he reads every email that comes in. Maybe he'll get you some satisfaction.

www.tapatalk.com/groups/28gasociety/index.php

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:04 am 
Diamond Grade

BPGuy, I think the wheels are in motion for him. It sounds like he just got the wrong person on the phone to me. I had a Ruger that also cracked a stock and they provided the same service to me, this guns was about five years old when that happened.
I hope he keeps us in the loop, I think Ruger will make it right.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:41 pm 
Field Grade

It seems to me that the legendary Ruger service has changed a lot in the last few years. I have heard several story of no help with Red Labels. Although it doesn't help the OP at least service still seems very good on there other products.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:18 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

May 19th, 2016, 02:55 PM #1
Scotch827 [OP]

Scotch827 is on a distinguished road

Ruger Red Label problem and fix !!!
I bought a new model Red Label when they first came out about 2 years ago. I use it for skeet and sporting clays and had a ton of rounds through it. The bottom ejector would let shells slip below it if you weren't careful. I called Ruger, they sent me a shipping label. It's now about a week later and I received a phone call stating they can't repair it, so they are sending me a brand new one. I am almost happy to have a problem to be treated so well. The same day I shipped a SW victory back for light strikes, they sent me a shipping label too. I haven't heard anything about it as of yet. A couple years ago, I had to turn in my man card when I couldn't reassemble a Blackhawk Ruger paid for shipping both ways and said no problem, thanks for calling.

IMHO Ruger has the best customer service period !!!

http://randywakeman.com