It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Ruger customer service
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:10 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Five forks wrote:
When my red label barrels came out of the monobloc, I called Ruger. They told me there was nothing they could do for me. I plan to bad mouth their non-existing customer service to any and all that will listen in perpetuity. From Ruger lover to hater in 1 phone call!

Just yesterday, right here on this forum:

BobDri wrote:
I recently had my wife's Red Label back for repairs. one of the issues was brown oil coning out at the join of the barrel and monoblock. Ruger's response was "buy design there is no silver solder out at the end of the monoblock and oil will come out there. Have to ask is this normal? I have not seen this on mine. No one we shoot with have seen this on there or any other shotguns. Just looking for information.

Bob

"I plan to bad mouth their non-existing customer service to any and all that will listen in perpetuity."

Right. Who are you and why should anyone listen to you?

When you bought your used gun, did you buy it with some sort of warranty or guarantee? Or, did you buy it "as is"?

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:38 am 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Right. Who are you and why should anyone listen to you?

A lot of people here wonder the same two things about you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:43 am 
Crown Grade

Five forks wrote:
When my red label barrels came out of the monobloc, I called Ruger. They told me there was nothing they could do for me. I plan to bad mouth their non-existing customer service to any and all that will listen in perpetuity. From Ruger lover to hater in 1 phone call!

Try these people: http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgw ... g-services

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:37 pm 
Field Grade

Sobrepuesta, thanks for the suggestion. My local gunsmith has been in touch with Ruger, and arrangements have been made to repair my gun. Don't know who I talked with on my initial contact, but apparently not the right person. Situation resolved with an assist from Texas Yankee!
Randy, I am nobody and there is no reason anyone should listen to me. By the way Randy, do you fish?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:35 am 
Diamond Grade

FiveForks,

This is just excellent news, I felt pretty positive Ruger was going to make an honest attempt at making it right and based on your last post they did. When a post like this hits a forum of this caliber or gauge in our case, we are a very powerful force and a little proactive movement showing solidarity and understanding of a fellow or fella with a legitimate product issue can go a long ways in the eyes of a wise corporate America executive.
It's this reason you were acknowledged this forum and the people behind you made this happen. Once you feel you your issue has been addressed I would encourage you write a post specifically about Ruger and their customer service. Sometimes people just make mistakes, lets none of us read anything more than someone having a bad day at SR.
RUGER, A JOB WELL DONE and I don't believe this to be premature.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:42 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Five forks wrote:
I called Ruger. They told me there was nothing they could do for me. I plan to bad mouth their non-existing customer service to any and all that will listen in perpetuity.

It might be time to find another non-productive, wrong-headed hobby?

http://randywakeman.com