It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Warning: Don't lose a pin when cleaning 48al trigger!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:58 pm 
Crown Grade

At first light an easy dove was crossing and I pulled the trigger of my 48AL, nothing, not even a click. Ah oh....took it apart and after careful investigation noticed a pin had fallen out of the trigger group while cleaning it. Luckily my friend had a spare gun and I was still able to hunt and got 5.

I had soaked the trigger group in kerosene over night. While I have had the trigger group out of the gun many times, the trigger group had never been cleaned like that. When I got home I found the tiny pin in the bottom of the pan. I didn't see it cuz of all the carbon and crud. I put it back in and realized there must be a second pin missing. I found it on the garage floor. The first pin goes through the trigger itself and it rotates around it. The second pin is smaller and it prevents the sear from being pushed too far forward by the spring pushing on it.

These little pins simply fell out on their own and went unnoticed by me. I had a very loud fan on so I never even heard the one hit the floor.

Don't let this happen to you!

Post subject: Re: Warning: Don't lose a pin when cleaning 48al trigger!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

Good tip, thanks