It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How does one decide on a Franchi 28ga auto? help!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I've begun to have an itch for a Franchi 28ga recoil operated shotgun....AL 48 AL 45 ?? others?
I see a whole bunch (or at least a large...several) on different auction and online sales sites, a number are new in the box. Are they still being made?
Looking at the link Worc provided I don't see em. Maybe I'm missing something or I'm just too late.
Throughly confused and baffeled as to what is actually better/higher quality and what is decoration
I have been looking and have seen AL 48 as well as AL 45, Delux Field and Field and some NWTF comemorative guns....and yada yada yada.

What I'm trying to determine is the grading from most inexpensive to most outragious and what is an actual technical advantage and what is mearly eyewash.
Can anybody help or perhaps send me to a site that explains all the ins n outs n ups n downs of em?.....Art

More irredeemably deplorable than ever before, & being in the right feels pretty good.

Post subject: Re: How does one decide on a Franchi 28ga auto? help!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:18 am 

Not sure what an AL45 is. May be a typo on someones part.

All of the AL48's work much pretty much the same way as they always have. The lather models have removable choke tubes and are steel shot proof. There have been different grades through out the years. They stopped all AL48 production recently.

It's a very light and small gun. They were well made and reliable models.

Post subject: Re: How does one decide on a Franchi 28ga auto? help!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have a Franchi al48 in 28 gauge. I bought mine from a guy who could no longer shoot any gun. I like it for upland hunting and fooling around on the skeet range. It is far too light to be a competition gun but, it sure is fun to shoot skeet doubles. I shoot reloads mainly and it has never jammed or failed to fire. It is easy to clean and high reliable. You can spend lots more on a Beretta or Benelli auto but, I don't think either will run any better than the Franchi.