It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stoeger Shotgun model number question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:10 pm 
Utility Grade

A friend is bringing me a shotgun for repair, I've asked him for the model number but all he sent me was a picture of the manual.
I was wondering if any of you might know what the model is, the date on the picture of the manual he sent me is 1865, so it's been around for awhile.

Post subject: Re: Stoeger Shotgun model number question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Methinks you have a Franchi AL-48, imported by Stoeger.

Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:48 pm 
Crown Grade

Methinks that perhaps gunsmithing is not your forte..................................................lol

Blaser F3 Super Trap 34" Unsingle
Beretta DT11 30" Skeet
Beretta SP 1 30" Sport
Browning Ultra XS Sport 30"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

That model has been manufactured since 1948. It is a very popular shotgun among upland hunters. I might add that the parts are interchangeable in all of the Model 48s of the same gauge. It was made in 12, 20, and 28 gauges.

I really can't understand how a gunsmith that has been in the business can't recognize one of the most populat upland guns. Though it is no longer being made, it was imported by Stoeger, American, and Beretta, and probably other importer's brand names. It's profile is very recognizable.

I agree with cheecho. A gunsmith that can't recognize a Model 48......yet they seldom, if ever needed repairs. I used one for close to 50 years and needed only one part just before I retired it, an extractor that was very simple to replace.

Their recoil action is so simple that anyone can service them without a gunsmith, that is, unless they disassemble the trigger assembly. Then a gunsmith will most likely need to be called on.

Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. Ronald Reagan