It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CZ DRAKE Reviews Requested
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:03 pm 
Presentation Grade

As a new owner of a CZ DRAKE, would anyone kindly advise what their experiences have been with this model? Pluses and minuses? Haven't had an opportunity to shoot it yet as the snow's too deep and it's way TOO COLD! Thanks --- {hs#

P.S. Looking for used 20 ga. extended choke tubes for this beauty -----

Last edited by senorric on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: CZ DRAKE Reviews Requested
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:16 pm 
Diamond Grade

I've got no help on the Drake, but where are you upstate. I'm on the top of Seneca Lake and, yes it is cold!!...........the Mailman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:56 pm 
Presentation Grade

Is this gun too new or have too few sales for feedback? Anybody?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:09 am 
Tournament Grade

Hello Senorric, I personally own a Redhead Premier in 20 gauge. When I was looking to purchase my O/U, I checked my local gun stores to check out the Drake. Most of them carried CZ's, so I took a little tour of them to see what they had in stock. I was able to handle and see a number of the Premiers and other CZ models, but all of the stores were sold out of the Drake. The three stores that normally carried them in stock were having trouble doing do. They were selling as fast as they could get them in. In talking with the various stores, none had any horror stories about the CZ line, and had not seen any customer returns in recent memory. These are all guys I know fairly well and trust to be honest. If I had not fell in love with the Premier, I would have purchased the Drake myself.

Best of luck with your purchase,
Joe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

Turkeyhunter999/Joe, thanks for the feedback. I did some homework before buying the Drake model and could find nothing of merit to be negative. All reviews were very positive but I couldn't be sure the reviews weren't CZ sponsored in some way. Thus my request for independent reviews. So far it seems to be an excellent O/U for the money! ---

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:55 am 
Tournament Grade

Glad I could be of some help to you. By the way, I see you are from upstate NY. I live in New Hampshire now, but I am a native New Yorker. I grew up in the Elmira area, and did a lot of hunting from Ithaca down to the Pennsylvania border in the 70's. When I return home to visit, it's so sad to see all of the places we used to hunt are now all full of houses and chain stores. I loved to hunt rabbits and wild pheasants as a kid. Here in NH, there are very few rabbits, and the only pheasants are stocked in the fall and only last a few days before they are all hunted out. It was nice to meet ya, and i look forward to more of your posts after you get your new gun

Regards,
Joe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:50 am 
Utility Grade

I bought one the end of Feb in 12g and thus far love it! Have 600+ shells through it without an issue. Gonna put another 100 or so through it today.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:41 am 
Presentation Grade

BirdReaper: Thanks for the feedback. I've got about 300 shells through mine without any problems. Can't seem to find any negative reviews so far so all looks positive ----

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:18 pm 
Utility Grade

Ended up putting 170 through it today. Starting to find a groove with this gun. I like it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:23 pm 
Field Grade

Mine came in Monday, was able to run a couple boxes thru late yesterday. I am happy. Will be changing the butt pad tho.

Image Nice wood also

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

Nice looking gun Flatline, congrats! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed my Redhead Premier. We are looking forward to hearing more field reports from you as you get it broken in. Best of luck.

Regards,
Joe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:35 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks Joe,,I will keep updating.

Jim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:19 pm 
Crown Grade

My 28 gauge Drake, couldn't be happier! Excellent build, nice balance and a real cream puff to shoot. Excellent wood on this one!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:43 am 
Utility Grade

Just a little update. Have 1200 rounds through mine now without an issue.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:05 am 
Utility Grade

I own a CZed Mallard, and am very happy with it. The cast in the stock (being bent to the right as you hold it) threw me off at first, but a cheek pad fixed the problem. You might want to check how the cast effects how it fits you. Mount it and look down the barrel. If the rib is straight, you are good to go.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:07 pm 
Utility Grade

I am a recent new owner of a 20 gauge CZ Drake. Fit, finish and quality seems up to snuff. I have about 200 shots through it on the skeet field. No issues except for my shooting. Also, I got my extended tubes from Carlsons. Look for Huglu 20 gauge. My first post on the forums. You Huglu guys are a good bunch from what I am reading.