It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blaser Intuition
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:16 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I am a devoted Caesar Guerini shooter, having worked my way from a 20 gauge Summit Ltd., which I had three barreled, through a 12 gauge Summit, 12 gauge Ascent, to finally 12 and 20 gauge Syren Tempios. I wasn't really looking for another gun, then I got a killer offer on a new Blaser Intuition. I picked it up on Wednesday, and when I got it home , I pulled the Syren 12 gauge out of the safe and laid them side-by-side. Doing that, the flatter receiver on the Blaser is very obvious, the stocks are similar. I took the gun apart and cleaned it and I like its simplicity; it is a tidy gun. I like “Amish” guns and my favorite CG as to looks was the Ascent, virtually no engraving, a black receiver and mat finished barrels. But one thing the CG had that the Intuition doesn’t have is really pretty wood. My gun is virtually monochromatic, mat black barrels, black receiver and very dark wood that is not particularly pretty. If Blaser wants to move these guns, especially to women, it needs to do an upgrade of the wood or at least choose wood in a lighter color than what mine was sent out with. It would give some contrast and a little eye candy. And since Blaser is price pointing these guns to compete with the Syrens, pretty will be a factor in sales. Given that, a couple of hundred dollars added to the MSRP for better looking wood would be worth it. There isn’t anything about the gun I have that will draw someone’s eye to it or initiates gun lust, especially a first time gun buyer. Mine is named Jane, as in “Plain Jane.”

Incidentally, it is unfortunate that Blaser USA doesn't list prices on its website for upgrading wood, at least I couldn't find it. If its there, some one let me know.

The Dallas weather is a little harsh for us delicate Southern flowers, so I've used the hiatus to take Jane to Ron at Ray's Sporting Goods and Hardware to get the stock shortened and a Kickeze sporting clay pad installed. Can't wait until the new girl gets back to see how she shoots. Mary Ann

Post subject: Re: Blaser Intuition
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:44 am 
Diamond Grade

Congratulations on your new purchase.

I made a similar comment on their guns several months back. I see no curb appeal in their guns other than the engineering and you can't appreciate that window shopping. There is nothing about lifeless wood that makes one want to walk in and ask to see a gun. Figured wood equals understated elegance, that's what draws people in to handle guns. The engineering is the cake under the icing.
I've NEVER seen an ugly CG! Their standard wood has the looks and figure of most manufactures entry level upgrades.

Post subject: Re: Blaser Intuition
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I got the Blaser back from Ray's Sporting Goods (than you Ron), with a stock a smidge shorter and with a Pacmeyer pad. Various shooting buddies were tied up with such things as having back surgery, so I didn't get to take the Blaser out until today, shooting sporting clays at Arlington Gun Club. The F16 Intuition is a very nice shooting gun, I did well (for me) with it, especially for the first time out, and noticed none of the usual "I'm shooting with a new and different gun" issues.

The gun I got is the field model, so it didn't come with a mid-bead or stabilizer in the stock. It did come with extended chokes as well as the flush chokes that are standard for the field model. I did not notice the absence of a mid-bead and may have benefited from the absence as there was no fussing to make sure the beads were lined up. The gun comes to my shoulder beautifully and the light weight suits me. The only problem I had was that on about three second shots on true pairs there was a hesitation between the trigger pull and the boom. One of the guys I was shooting with confirmed, saying he saw me pull the trigger, and noticed the pause before the boom. Before I say it is a problem with the gun I want to shoot it a little more to make sure that it isn’t a trigger trap issue on my part. Interestingly, while I consider the very dark wood to be not particularly attractive, at least three guys on the course commented on how much they liked it. Go figure? A number of them shouldered the gun, and it got universal approval, with comments on how well balanced it is.

On a related matter, a shout out to the Arlington Gun Club. They open their SC shoot on the second Saturday of the month to non-members, and for $40 you couldn't ask for better targets or nicer people. You folks in the Dallas area, if you have not been, put them on your list. Mary Ann