It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CG Summit Sporting
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:30 pm 
Field Grade

I have an older 12 gauge Summit Sporting with 32 inch barrels and the Selectra chokes. Been thinking about upgrading to a new Summit Sporting with the larger bore and the Maxis chokes. Would I gain much doing this? I'm also considering a Beretta 692 with an adjustable comb.

Post subject: Re: CG Summit Sporting
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:51 pm 
Tournament Grade

My experience the larger bore will shoot softer , I have both barrels , I use the Selecta barrels for sub gage tubes and the Maxis for 12 ga. When I shoot 12 gauge in the older barrels I can feel the difference.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:16 pm 
Presentation Grade

Double check some of the posting related to the Beretta 69X guns. I have a Summit Sporting with Maxis chokes (actually I am shooting Muller chokes), and I love it. It really does not cost that much to convert to an adjustable comb. There are a few C.G.s (Summit and Summit Accent) listed in the classified in this forum that have adjustable combs.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:08 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks for the input. May just stick with the gun the way it is. $1,500+ is a bit steep for a 2nd set of barrels.