It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bad barrel regulation.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:44 pm 
Utility Grade

I just had to send a coachgun back to Stoeger as the left barrel shot 2ft high and 2ft left at 20 yards.
Is this a common problem with Stoeger? I was looking at buying another side by side from them but if this seems to be an ongoing issue I will look at a different manufacturer.

Post subject: Re: Bad barrel regulation.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You awakened the "get what you pay for" gremlin.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:04 pm 
Crown Grade

It's not just Stoeger. When you buy a side-by-side in that price range, you've very likely to get poor barrel regulation, among other problems.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:38 am 
Utility Grade

Haven't shot mine as of yet. Last one I had was pretty good. Keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

About 10 years ago I bought a Stoeger uplander SxS in 20 gauge w/ 28" barrels. It was initially a bit on the heavy side and a tad short for me. So, I had a nice Pachmayr pad put on it and it became a real nice shooter. I used it for a few preserve pheasant hunts and some informal clay shooting. I originally purchased the gun from Dick's Sporting goods for $399.00. I must have gotten one of the few good ones, because it always sent the shot where I pointed it. I was at the range one day shooting some clays when a fellow member asked if his son could try my gun. Well his kid did so well with it, that his father asked me if I wanted to sell it. I asked him if $475.00 was OK, and he said OK, it's a deal, before I could finish my sentence. Last I knew his son still has and shoots that cheap little SxS. Just my experience, but I would not hesitate to buy another Uplander in the future.

Regards,
Joe