It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SA 28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:21 am 
Presentation Grade

Thinking of buying a 28 gauge SA 28. Does anyone have knowledge about this gun ?

Post subject: Re: SA 28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:11 am 
Utility Grade

I am looking for information on this gun as well. I have read in reviews and posts that they have good fit and finish for the price point. People seem to be pleased with them mechanically. I always value Randy Wakeman's opinion and although I have not seen a specific review I have not seen any reviews that were negative. I was curious as to recommendations on where to purchase this gun. I have seen very reasonable prices online (Buds etc.) but have never purchased a gun online. People seem to be satisfied with online purchases but I was wondering if this process ended up being a hassle Thanks for any input. I always get great information on this forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:44 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have no experience with the SA 28 but I can address this part of your post . . .

mogunner06 wrote:
I have seen very reasonable prices online (Buds etc.) but have never purchased a gun online. People seem to be satisfied with online purchases but I was wondering if this process ended up being a hassle Thanks for any input. I always get great information on this forum.

As a brick-and-mortar FFL I must confess that online buying is a great way to go FOR THE BUYER. Totally hassle free. In most states you avoid paying sales tax. Online prices are often in line with or LESS than your local dealer's "wholesale" cost.

I transfer guns bought online almost every day. I don't recall ever seeing any problems that were not directly due to problems with the BUYER (i.e. couldn't pass background check).

You do have to know exactly what you want and accept the fact that you are on your own if problems do arise.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 am 
Tournament Grade

Hello there. I have purchased two guns from Buds and had excellent experiences with both. One was a Mossberg SA-20. I opted for the lifetime warranty, for an additional $33.00, available from Buds. This takes over after the Mossberg warranty expires. The shipping was free, and my FFL only charged me $10.00 for a transfer fee. I could not have had a better buying experience. My SA-20 came with super nice wood. It has a satin finish but is really a nice looking gun. Very pleased over all. I would not hesitate to purchase a 28 gauge model if I was into them. My Mossberg SA-20 has been very reliable.

Regards,
Joe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:03 pm 
Utility Grade

I'm also thinking of buying two sa 28 for my children but I have a hard time understanding how a scaled frame 28 has the same weight as my sa 20( that weighs a 1/2 lbs of spec). Based on my experience with my sa 20 I might take the gamble that the sa 28 are actually closer to the weights I've saw for the sa-08 28 and the viper g2 28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:03 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

WOOD DUCK wrote:
Thinking of buying a 28 gauge SA 28. Does anyone have knowledge about this gun ?

I did a text review of the Weatherby. The Mossberg SA28 is essentially the same gun, made on the same tooling, by the same people.

http://randywakeman.com