It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Clay target thrower for single person use at home
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:50 am 
Utility Grade

Another vote for the Wheelybird. I have two of them. One is about 7 years old and still going strong and the other is fairly new. I recently equipped both of them with Champion's wireless remote kits. The remote trigger has 3 buttons on it so I can set them in different locations up to 100yds away and throw singles, report pairs or true doubles. Another big improvement was moving away from the standard deep cycle battery I had previously used. I found a couple of much smaller AGM batteries on Amazon and built a mount to attach them directly to the frames of the throwers. The batteries only weigh about 12lbs each and are more than capable of operating the throwers for 5-6 practice sessions (100-200 birds each) before I even have to THINK about recharging them. This improvement has made the useability of the throwers much greater because they are fully self-contained and you no longer have to lug around a 50lb battery. I can easily lift the throwers in and out of the back of my truck and wheel them wherever they need to go. The remote is pretty slick as well. It has a delay function built into the receiver box so that you an adjust how soon after you push the trigger button that it will throw a bird. Very handy when shooting by yourself. I set it for 2 second delay and clip it to my belt. Push the button and I have plenty of time to mount the gun and prepare for the shot. Having these has helped greatly with my practice for sporting clays.

Post subject: Re: Clay target thrower for single person use at home
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:55 pm 
Tournament Grade

On sale at Cabelas $250;
https://www.cabelas.com/product/home/to ... ?slotId=29