It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:41 am 
Tournament Grade

My friend has a Red Label with 26" barrels. He would like to get a 30" replacement barrel for trap shooting.

Are all Red Label barrels interchangeable?

Does anyone know where he can find a 30" barrel?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:21 pm 
Limited Edition

Why not call Ruger and see what they have to say. They may have some extra barrels around. Just a thought. Grade6man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 am 
Tournament Grade

I intend to call today to ask about the interchangeability between barrels. I will ask if they have any barrels.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:49 pm 
Presentation Grade

Man,you got a tough row to hoe. What gauge 12 I assume?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 pm 
Tournament Grade

Yes. 12 gage.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:53 am 
Limited Edition

Is that gun even supported any more by Ruger? I would ask before committing to high volume shooting with one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:43 pm 
Presentation Grade

When Ruger brought out the new version they dropped the ball and marketed a good looking but problematic shotgun. Bill Ruger would never have let that happen. That said the old model Rugers are capable of a hundred thousand rounds or more,every bit as reliable as any B gun. I've got a 20 gauge Sporting Clays that more or less sits in the safe since I went to all Ithaca's for everyday use.It's a extremely nice and reliable gun.Everything has it's price but I'm not particularly anxious to get rid of it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:55 pm 
Crown Grade

The old Rugers went away because they were plagued with issues - I had one. They tried again and AGAIN they went away because they were plagued with issues. Now, with no support, you couldn't GIVE me one................

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:04 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

FWP wrote:
My friend has a Red Label with 26" barrels. He would like to get a 30" replacement barrel for trap shooting.

Are all Red Label barrels interchangeable?

Your friend is out of luck.

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

oneounceload wrote:
The old Rugers went away because they were plagued with issues - I had one. They tried again and AGAIN they went away because they were plagued with issues. Now, with no support, you couldn't GIVE me one................

Shucks, I said that for years and year, and they fellas around here gave me a terrible time about it. I guess the winds shifted while I was gone :)

Still hunt with my 28ga RRL every year, but you couldn't pay me to take a 12 or 20.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:45 pm 
Crown Grade

Mine WAS the 28.......SO wanted it to work out

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:22 am 
Limited Edition

ohio mike wrote:
That said the old model Rugers are capable of a hundred thousand rounds or more,every bit as reliable as any B gun

So why were they discontinued?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:46 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

JER2 wrote:
ohio mike wrote:
That said the old model Rugers are capable of a hundred thousand rounds or more,every bit as reliable as any B gun

Because Ohio Mike is wrong. They weren't even in the same strata as the B guns, and were plagued with trigger and barrel regulation issues spanning the decades that the model was made. Yes, sometimes people got a great one, but far too many people had problems or premature failure... they just weren't built to the same standards that target shooters have come to expect.

Also note that most people dramatically over-exaggerate the number of rounds they have shot. At a hundred targets a week, it would take almost 20 years to reach 100,000 rounds.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:02 am 
Limited Edition

drsfmd wrote:
JER2 wrote:
ohio mike wrote:

Because Ohio Mike is wrong. They weren't even in the same strata as the B guns, and were plagued with trigger and barrel regulation issues spanning the decades that the model was made. Yes, sometimes people got a great one, but far too many people had problems or premature failure... they just weren't built to the same standards that target shooters have come to expect.

Also note that most people dramatically over-exaggerate the number of rounds they have shot. At a hundred targets a week, it would take almost 20 years to reach 100,000 rounds.

Yeah I know, I was just waiting for the amusing rationalization that was to follow...... :lol: