It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:41 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:09 pm
Posts: 149
Location: PA
My friend has a Red Label with 26" barrels. He would like to get a 30" replacement barrel for trap shooting.

Are all Red Label barrels interchangeable?

Does anyone know where he can find a 30" barrel?

Thanks




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:21 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:38 pm
Posts: 453
Why not call Ruger and see what they have to say. They may have some extra barrels around. Just a thought. Grade6man


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:09 pm
Posts: 149
Location: PA
I intend to call today to ask about the interchangeability between barrels. I will ask if they have any barrels.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:49 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 pm
Posts: 537
Man,you got a tough row to hoe. What gauge 12 I assume?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:09 pm
Posts: 149
Location: PA
Yes. 12 gage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:53 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:01 pm
Posts: 476
Is that gun even supported any more by Ruger? I would ask before committing to high volume shooting with one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:43 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 pm
Posts: 537
When Ruger brought out the new version they dropped the ball and marketed a good looking but problematic shotgun. Bill Ruger would never have let that happen. That said the old model Rugers are capable of a hundred thousand rounds or more,every bit as reliable as any B gun. I've got a 20 gauge Sporting Clays that more or less sits in the safe since I went to all Ithaca's for everyday use.It's a extremely nice and reliable gun.Everything has it's price but I'm not particularly anxious to get rid of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:55 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 18465
The old Rugers went away because they were plagued with issues - I had one. They tried again and AGAIN they went away because they were plagued with issues. Now, with no support, you couldn't GIVE me one................

_________________
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory, Aldo Gucci

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:04 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 22292
Location: Plainfield, IL
FWP wrote:
My friend has a Red Label with 26" barrels. He would like to get a 30" replacement barrel for trap shooting.

Are all Red Label barrels interchangeable?



Your friend is out of luck.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:32 pm
Posts: 18113
Location: Capital District, NY
oneounceload wrote:
The old Rugers went away because they were plagued with issues - I had one. They tried again and AGAIN they went away because they were plagued with issues. Now, with no support, you couldn't GIVE me one................


Shucks, I said that for years and year, and they fellas around here gave me a terrible time about it. I guess the winds shifted while I was gone :)

Still hunt with my 28ga RRL every year, but you couldn't pay me to take a 12 or 20.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:45 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 18465
Mine WAS the 28.......SO wanted it to work out

_________________
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory, Aldo Gucci

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:22 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:01 pm
Posts: 476
ohio mike wrote:
That said the old model Rugers are capable of a hundred thousand rounds or more,every bit as reliable as any B gun

So why were they discontinued?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:46 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:32 pm
Posts: 18113
Location: Capital District, NY
JER2 wrote:
ohio mike wrote:
That said the old model Rugers are capable of a hundred thousand rounds or more,every bit as reliable as any B gun

So why were they discontinued?


Because Ohio Mike is wrong. They weren't even in the same strata as the B guns, and were plagued with trigger and barrel regulation issues spanning the decades that the model was made. Yes, sometimes people got a great one, but far too many people had problems or premature failure... they just weren't built to the same standards that target shooters have come to expect.

Also note that most people dramatically over-exaggerate the number of rounds they have shot. At a hundred targets a week, it would take almost 20 years to reach 100,000 rounds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Label Barrel Replacement
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:02 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:01 pm
Posts: 476
drsfmd wrote:
JER2 wrote:
ohio mike wrote:
That said the old model Rugers are capable of a hundred thousand rounds or more,every bit as reliable as any B gun

So why were they discontinued?


Because Ohio Mike is wrong. They weren't even in the same strata as the B guns, and were plagued with trigger and barrel regulation issues spanning the decades that the model was made. Yes, sometimes people got a great one, but far too many people had problems or premature failure... they just weren't built to the same standards that target shooters have come to expect.

Also note that most people dramatically over-exaggerate the number of rounds they have shot. At a hundred targets a week, it would take almost 20 years to reach 100,000 rounds.

Yeah I know, I was just waiting for the amusing rationalization that was to follow...... :lol:




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 35Rem, 3andsomedust, Action, Anatidae, andykb692, B.L.E., Bill M., Bing [Bot], Bird Guide, Bladeswitcher, Bob*N, casonet, chairman, chieffels, clayshard2, CMT1, codyman, CubaLibre, D McMillen, dandennis, David Spear, DblXX, dime bright, DLC1951, eyeonbird, FlyChamps, fungunner, GlockRocket34, GoldGuy, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], GunCat, Harv Shell, hopper810, Jason Johnson, jmr57, Keperkey, kjs, kopper13, ldim, Lucky1, Maser, Mccrow771, Mike Noel, mpolans, msmith, oldshotty, oregunner, oyeme, playin' hookey, quail-chaser, Roger Gascoigne, rubysue, saskbooknut, Scardog7, seb7515, Shaker, simsy9, Skeet_Man, Terp, TerryS, The Swanny, Tidefanatic, tjh12glen, Tokamecotom, trey_byrd, TRG3, Yooperskeet, ysr_racer


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
© 2017 Carbon Media Group Outdoors    - DMCA Notice