It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Harsh Treatment From Some Other Trap Forum
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:57 am 
Crown Grade

Rastoff

I generally agree with you that traffic has dropped off somewhat here recently. On the other hand, it seems like there aren’t as many weird or combative threads. I don’t know if the moderators have deleted some guys accounts or they just left in that regard.

I have noticed that several guys have started some Facebook pages and post a lot there instead of here.

Personally, and while I use FB some, I prefer to use this and other gun forums for gun and shooting related info and FB for family and friend and General stuff. But it is now getting a lot more Sporting Clays and related traffic on FB.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

This site could be called Sporting clays shooters some skeet and few hunters.com. Trap has far more shooters so the other site should get a lot more traffic. I came here originally because of the execellant threads in the gunsmith forum with pictures to show disassembly assembly instructions when I got a browning double auto. You don’t see much of that anymore. DIY Guy was the last and he got run out of here by “experts” always questioning his posts.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:23 pm 
Field Grade

I don't know anything about the other site, but I joined here to get information about shotguns and shooting them and have been very pleased with the content. Shot a fair amount of skeet and did some upland hunting decades ago; plan to get back into some informal shooting and want to be more up to date beforehand. This site has been and continues to of great help and interest to me.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:14 pm 
Crown Grade

Location: somewhere east of the I-95 corridor, until you get to connecticut. but you can bank on vanzant, mo..
did you try to sell something on that other forum? its the most common reason why new guys get banned.

http://www.vanzantclaypigeonfarm.webs.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:56 pm 
Diamond Grade

I am banned again... third time in the past 30 days... once for "useless comment" in For Sale forum (commented on my friend's Pilla lens), once for "advertising without being a vendor" (suggested Extreme Chokes in a post). W.T.F. I have been a member there since forever. If there would be a better place to sell shotgun related stuff I have from time to time, I would never go there - management is 14 year old forum nazi.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:36 pm 
Crown Grade

Location: somewhere east of the I-95 corridor, until you get to connecticut. but you can bank on vanzant, mo..
theyre (new owners from Canada) serious.
I got banned for someone answering a 2 year old for sale ad I had forgotten about.
it was my misfortune that I just happened to post a new ad just as the new 1 ad per poster rule went into effect. I had no control over someone answering old buried ads....so when he answered and it logged above my newly posted ad....it looked like I posted 2.
I got banned.
lol!
those guys are trigger happy for sure.
enjoy sgw ads. much for civilized.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:46 pm 

bobski wrote:

Well, they were until I started demanding photos from new members or those with limited postings. I cannot stand the thought of some scammer coming in here and ripping someone that might be too trusting.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:15 pm 
Presentation Grade

Curly N wrote:
bobski wrote:

Well, they were until I started demanding photos from new members or those with limited postings. I cannot stand the thought of some scammer coming in here and ripping someone that might be too trusting.

Photos of the actual item is not an unreasonable requirement.

I require pics, price, and location of items from everyone on my forum, or the ad gets deleted.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:29 pm 
Crown Grade

agree. all good rules.
but I will say in defense of the other place...if youre a bonified business selling products, their rules do require you to be a vendor, and separated from the little guys ads.
sounds like he got a caught in a catch 22. he owns a business, has a product, knew the guy would enjoy it, made a suggestion, but instead of pm'ing the person, he posted it, and it came across as a business dealer hawking a product.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:52 am 
Utility Grade

After my third ban in less than 3 months, I decided it's time to cut my losses and look for a new source of info and entertainment. 2 of the 3 were for what I would consider no reason and the first was due to a misunderstanding on my part. I have no ill will or bad feelings toward these guys but I do believe what they are doing over there is fundamentally parallel to what is wrong with our great sport!!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:09 am 
Crown Grade

"Well, they were until I started demanding photos from new members or those with limited postings. "

Oh, you wanted pictures of the items for sale. Wow, I guess the pics I sent were really inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:27 am 
Diamond Grade

I am now in my fifth month of being banned because I bought a $30 staking tool that was unused by a non vendor seller. I didn't realize it was considered new, and against the rules. The seller, of course, was banned, too. BUT GOING ON 5 MONTHS?! I was a member of the forum going back nearly 20 years. Had never been banned before. I don't know when -or if- the ban will be ever be lifted.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:17 am 
Crown Grade

I found out there is life without BrandXhooters.com

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:35 am 
Field Grade

I feel your pain. I was a member of TS.com for 7 years. I posted occasionally, bought and sold a few guns. Had a perfect trading profile. I got banned for having two ads after I asked the mods to delete one of the ads. After ending my banishment, I got th same “insufficient privileges” message to post in the for sale/WTB area. I literally just bought a K-32 from a member, a set of Krieghoff OU barrels from another and a K-80 stock set from another. Apparently they do not like members with money to spend in the for sale area. My offense? I had not been posting enough in the rest of he forum. Seriously?!

My guess is trapshooters.com is a reflection sadly of trapshooting overall, a great sport driving away new members because it’s run by miserable old bastards. Good grief. And goodbye trapshooters.com!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:07 pm 
Field Grade

My final TS.com post:
How do we attract new shooters to trap and once there, to keep them active and willing to pass on to the next generation? I’m an active trap, skeet and occasional sporting clays shooter. I compete at the club level at trap and skeet and previously ATA. After a couple year hiatus, I will return to ATA competition this summer and compete in one of the state shoots. A few years ago, I won Class B singles at a state shoot, my best finish thus far. As a dad, I’ve passed on a love of shutgunning, including trap, and hunting to my kids.

I’ve also been a member of TS.com for seven years. I was very active in the discussion area early on as I was getting started in trap. I’ve also bought and sold a handful of guns here. In the last few weeks, I purchased a K-32 from a TS member, a set of OU barrels from another and a K-80 stock set from a third. My trading profile is perfect. I was banned for posting two ads, after asking the moderators to delete an ad when the “thread tools” didn’t work. I was then restored, only to be prohibited from participating in the for sale and WTB areas for insufficient posting. The moderator of this board are absurdly aggressive and authoritarian. Why not simply send a PM asking a member to participate more in the discussion forum before posting again? So simple.

Sadly, my guess is trapshooters.com is indicative of the sport overall and it’s decline. Trap is a wonderful sport, as are the vast majority of the members of this board. I’ve enjoyed learning from you, engaging in discussion about trap and occasionally buying and selling. However, the manner in which trap and trapshooters.com is run drives away good people who simply want to enjoy a hobby and engage in discussion. The childish, over-the-top moderators at trapshooters.com do a disservice to their members and the sport of trap. I regretfully request you delete my account.

If you read this before it is deleted and would like to connect, I will be in the trap forum at shotgun world.

To attract new shooters to our sport, we need an organization and rules more in line with how younger people live, work, enjoy the shooting sports and how they engage in discussion on-line. This isn’t it, but there is always hope. In the mean time, I’ll be less on-line and more on the trap line.

Break ‘em all!

Joe

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:01 pm 
Crown Grade

TS.com isn't run by old bastards. It is run by an employee who doesn't earn much but gets his jollies from being a pri**. He is a tough guy wannabe who uses a Clint Eastwood picture for an avatar. That speaks volumes about his mental health.

Instead of correcting people so that they follow the rules they just kneejerk ban them. As a business model that sucks.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:13 pm 
Crown Grade

Sounds like a wonderful place to avoid.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:35 am 
Crown Grade

mortum wrote:
I am banned again... third time in the past 30 days... once for "useless comment" in For Sale forum (commented on my friend's Pilla lens), once for "advertising without being a vendor" (suggested Extreme Chokes in a post). W.T.F. I have been a member there since forever. If there would be a better place to sell shotgun related stuff I have from time to time, I would never go there - management is 14 year old forum nazi.

Slow learner! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:48 am 
Field Grade

Went there a llittle bit ago to see what was new and had a big giant "Temporary Ban" notice. Said " Under 50 posting dribble to achieve 50" regarding my thread count. Further says that when the ban is lifted, if you comment on being banned, you will be banned permanently.

I had the very same thing happen to me. I have done quite well for 68 years without them, and will continue to do so.
PS : I was a member on that site since 2015...with only 33 posts, and was banned for " excessive dribble ", give me a break.... !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:50 pm 
Field Grade

painter* wrote:
Curly N wrote:
bobski wrote:

Photos of the actual item is not an unreasonable requirement.

I require pics, price, and location of items from everyone on my forum, or the ad gets deleted.

Curly, you do an excellent job moderating. I posted an ad. You requested the photo. I provide it. I sold the shotgun. This is how it should be done. Great job from an appreciative member.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next