It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stoeger M3K magazine problems.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:56 am 
Utility Grade

I have a brand new, stock, Stoeger M3K that is failing to cycle.

It cycles snap-caps flawlessly, and it ejects flawlessly. However, it often fails to feed. Sometimes the round winds up on the lifter with the bolt closed, but mostly they never leaves the magazine at all.

What's weird is that it seems to work fine with lighter loads. I've tried the following ammo:

Federal Premium Rifled Slugs. 2 3/4", 1oz at 1610fps: The next round consistently fails to leave the magazine.

Estate High Velocity Rifled Slugs. 2 3/4", 1oz at 1610fps. The next round consistently fails to leave the magazine.

Federal 00 Buck. 2 3/4", 9 pellets at 1325fps: Fails to leave the magazine.

Federal #6 steel shot. 2 3/4", 1oz at 1375fps: Fails to leave the magazine or winds up on the lifter.

Fiocchi #7.5 lead shot. 2 3/4", 1 1/8oz at 1200fps. Fails to leave the magazine or winds up on the lifter.

Federal #8 lead shot. 2 3/4", 1oz at 1180fps. Cycles maybe 80% of the time. I'm aware shells this light aren't supposed to cycle this gun; what's interesting is that they do leave the magazine just fine.

I've wiped off all the grease that came on the gun and re-oiled it. I don't see any obvious burs (except for two between the front of the receiver beneath the barrel, in the gap in the center of the action bar, and I don't see how those can be affecting anything.)

I don't think this is user error. I shot a 3-gun stage with a friend's M3K and the same Fiocchi #7.5 shells, and it had no problems with the magazine.

I also don't think this is just the break-in period. As I understand it, the gun typically would cycle heavier loads during the break-in period.

Has anyone ever encountered a similar issue with these guns, or with the similar Benellis? I know I can send it back under warranty, but if there's a simple fix, I would prefer to try that first.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Stoeger M3K magazine problems.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:29 am 
Tournament Grade

You need to either clean the mag pipe or get a new mag spring