It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Well, well, well....
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:46 am 
Tournament Grade

:shock:
I guess we know now why those new Remington slugs are so expensive, don't we Randy? :roll:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... filing-re/

Post subject: Re: Well, well, well....
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:07 am 
Limited Edition

Few years ago I purchased a 1187 20ga SPS, now I love the gun and it's damn accurate. I don't use it often but I took it to the range to check the zero as I do all my slug guns in the spring. Well on this day, the action wouldn't close. I called Remington, they gave me two options send it back to them or take it to a authorized Remington gunsmith for repairs, submit the bill to Remington for re-imburstment . I decided to take it to a gunsmith, once the the repair got complete I faxed over the repair bill with the the original authorization #, Remington contacted me the very same day and said they "WILL NOT COVER REPAIR COST" as it's owners fault. It's clear the action bar broke, and fault was weak metal. I went back to gunsmith, he called Remington right in front of me on speaker phone and explained to them it's NOT the owners fault, they once more refused. I will never purchase a new Remington.

Now I know why they didn't pay for repairs, NO MONEY !!!!

cpg1410/displayimage.php?album=10&pos=0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:29 am 
Limited Edition

I'm not surprised by this, look what Remington did once they purchased both Marlin and H&R...Remington ruined both of those fine gun makers.....Those running the Remington company don't have a clue, and they have poor customer service

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:47 pm 
Limited Edition

That's really a shame. Remington was once a great company.
But it was taken over by Freedom Group and then Cerberus.
Cerberus became very anti gun after Sandy Hook.
The rest is history.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:43 pm 
Field Grade

Wow this is depressing news. Their 870 is my second favorite shotgun ever produced. They also have been a major innovator with sabot slugs. Of course their innovation goes beyond that but we are in the slug forum. Really shocking to be honest, at least to me who was unaware of the situation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:16 pm 
Field Grade

We have our "legacy" 870s and 1100s, and parts are plentiful, at least for now. Maybe it's time to sound Taps for what was once a great company.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Look for a company emerging from this that’s smaller, leaner, more efficient and more competitive overall.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith