It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Zoli resale
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

If I remember correctly the Zoli guns like the Kronos and the Z, now Z sport became popular about the same time as the Blazer. Why the lower resale? I have looked and shot both. I guess prefer the Zoli a little over the Blazer.

I have thought the same about the Kolar. Resale not as good at the K-80. Here I must say I have had a custom engraved k-32, and a K-80. Shot them well, no problems. If I were to get into that market again, I would go with the Kolar. American made, and I can drive there in 3-4 hours, oh, and I think the best built target gun there is. A much simpler design than the K-80. I know the k-80 is reliable, but so is the Kolar. Keighoff has been around longer, but Kolar is very well established now.

I am hoping Randy W. Chimes in, he always seems to have a little different slant from mine, but I respect his ideas in general.

Post subject: Re: Zoli resale
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:52 pm 
Diamond Grade

MHWH wrote:
Why the lower resale?

I don't know why, but I do know I got a very good deal on the Kronos Extra I bought used.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:41 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Simple, marketing and sponsorships.

Blaser and Krieghoff do a much better job of marketing and getting the their guns into the hands of top shooters, although Kolar has gotten much better in that regard over the past few years.

Zoli has virtually zero market presence in skeet (I've only ever seen one on a skeet field) and very little in sporting and trap, however, they only have one or two sponsored shooters, and do very little to actually push their product beyond than buying a print ad every now and then. Zoli is probably the worst competition mfg in the game in terms of getting their name out there and enticing shooters to buy their guns.

kolarskeet@gmail.com
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:15 am 
Diamond Grade

It looks like Zoli is really stepping up their presence, especially in sporting clays. A year and a half ago the only reason I knew about them was Brad Kidd, Jr. They had a rep with several demo guns and some other display guns at a registered shoot I was in this last week end. I think you will see and hear more from them going forward and it should help the resale value as well. It is hard to really make a name for yourself in the crowded market place. For what the new Zoli sporting models are selling for, I think they may have an uphill climb.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:36 am 
Tournament Grade

Own two Zolis. New Pernice and a used Z-Extra which I got a great deal on. Very happy with the guns and support from Zoli USA.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:58 pm 
Limited Edition

Zoli most likely has formerly had lesser resale values because of the way the mark was introduced into the USA with only a marketing company promoting the gun. In those initial guns there were some problems with the trigger that the owner of the marketing company refused to accept from lack of mechanical knowledge.

The problem was determined by the factory in Italy and corrected with no more problems.

Then to help themselves establish the Zoli in the USA the factory took the distributorship from that marketing company and contracted with Norbert Hausmann, formerly with Krieghoff and Blaser, to head a new company and established "Zoli USA" in Texas. This is a factory company that imports, distributes, and services the Zoli gun with a very capable staff.

Their sales of new guns are now greatly increased in sporting clays and starting to be established in trap. Skeet is a deminished sport from it's glory days and so little effort to promote skeet guns.

Regarding resale, I think it is rising as I sold my first Zoli for 35% more than I paid for it and the new owner thought it was a great deal.

I remember 40 years ago when the resale value of a Krieghoff was very poor but look at it now.

I beleive that in 10 years or so Zoli will be well established in this country and the product well received.

CT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

I’m in the market for a Zoli 32” and here’s what I have been finding and debating.

In Zoli’s most recent new gun pricing for a base model, roughly $6.5k to $7.5k out the door, it competes with a new Blaser F3, a new Guerini Invictus, or, a used Perazzi. For what current owners think would be a fair used price ($5.5k to $6k) you can get a very nice, new Guerini Summit version or a new Blaser F16. I consider the Blaser F3 to be a superior gun in terms of engineering and reliability but it seems to lack a certain soulful quality and passion that comes from the Italians.

I’ve been looking for a used Zoli but the prices being offered are too high for what else is competing in that market space.

I view the Zoli Z as a great gun and as essentially a non-bespoke Perazzi. I just think they are $1k over priced at present, however, either as new or what some are asking. So, for me, I’ll wait until Nationals in Oct and make a decision then.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:00 am 
Limited Edition

Scar,

Some people prefer Blaser F3's & F16's but if you think they are more reliable than a Zoli Z you are kidding yourself.
If you would like specifics please PM me.

CT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

searun wrote:
Scar,

Some people prefer Blaser F3's & F16's but if you think they are more reliable than a Zoli Z you are kidding yourself.
If you would like specifics please PM me.

CT

I'm always open minded and welcome feedback. I'll PM you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

How are Blasers less reliable than Zolis?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:57 am 
Limited Edition

I have two Zoli's at the moment. I'm not planning on parting with them, but if I were, I'd expect to take a hit. I think there are a lot of factors that play into it:

1) For as well as they shoot, the marketing in the past has been poor. To this day, every time I open up a copy of a Clays magazine, I find an advertisement for the "All New Z-Gun HR" - a gun thats been available for how many years now? Up until recently their website was atrocious. Nobody markets like Guerini. Nobody. I think they were one of the few vendors over the years to really figure out how to be successful with marketing in this business.

2) Zoli has been around forever in various grades of quality over the years. Different family members with different agendas. Some guns were good, some were great, and some were... not. I think the current line is great, but with older shooters who remember the older guns, I don't think they know what to make of them. To me it would be like if Sylvania started producing world-class TV's again. Really innovative stuff. But from a marketing perspective, it's difficult, because people remember the old, good sets, and then they remember the rafts of rebranded clones over the last 20-30 years, and then it was gone, and now it's back and "better than ever". Resurrecting and/or redefining a brand is never easy.

3) As mentioned, there's a lot of competition in that price range. Guerini, Blaser, etc. all make good guns. Browning and Beretta make good guns at a lower price point. Krieghoff and Kolar make good guns at a higher price point. Zoli sits in a tough niche.

4) The dealer network is comparatively small. I'm fortunate to have a large one close by that's getting larger, but many people don't. Dealers obviously have a vested interest in selling guns they know and represent, which logically extends to traded/used guns. Take a Zoli in on trade and it might sit for a while, and you don't really have a great idea what you can get for it.

Zoli seems to be moving in the right direction. Norbert is doing a good job. I know what I was getting into when I bought my guns and so far I'm still very happy with them. We shall see what the next few years will bring - I'm hoping for good things.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:06 pm 
Utility Grade

I recently wanted a new mid priced gun with better than average wood .....

I couldn't find a Z Gun with decent wood, in comparison to Blaser and CG.

( I finally bought a used eell )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:01 pm 
Limited Edition

One of my Z-Guns has nicer wood than the Guerini add on the top of this page - the other is somewhat average. Zoli sweats the detail on wood, but they prioritize grain/strength over figure. Wood yields vary year to year, and as you might suspect, Beretta likely buys more of the good stuff than just about anyone.

My Guerinis all had good wood - I bought them at a time where you could pick and choose between available models without upgrading. The aren't as nice now across the board in the lower ranges, but they are still good.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have a z gun like it a lot have shot the f16 seemed lite to me. But what it all comes down to is how it feels between your hands when your in at the station and you have confidence that you will break the target