It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Re:Concealed Carry
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:56 am 
Tournament Grade

If you have fundamental questions about defensive handguns - how and why to carry them, how to retain them in a struggle, how to shoot in low light, etc. - professional training is always the answer.

Not from your uncle "who was in the army". Not from your friend who "knows all about guns". Go to a pro. There are good schools all over the country. It will be a revelation.

If you are going to carry a defensive weapon, put at least the same effort into it that you would put into golf or tennis.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:07 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have been put off by the concealed carry concept for quite a while. I felt like “to hell with them; it my constitutional right to bear arms. I’ll just open carry”

But a while back I read an article on the Beretta blog or website about the dangers of open carry. You totally blow your cover with open carry. And while I agree a bad guy might see it and decide not to do what ever it was he was planning. It makes you an instant target.

The article also talked about the need for training as mentioned above to defend yourself to prevent it from being taken from you. That sealed the deal for me. That sounds like a whole new level of awareness. I’d rather nobody knows that I am carrying.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carpenters-Custom-Gunstocks-LLC/378909012204503

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The only safe way to carry is undocumented. If the state knows that you have it, it is not concealed. I open carried for two years before my state adopted constitutional carry. Now I almost never open carry. But back then I was not going to buy a gun license any more than I was going to buy a Bible permit or a free speech license.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:43 pm 
Crown Grade

Ezra Smack wrote:
The only safe way to carry is undocumented. If the state knows that you have it, it is not concealed. I open carried for two years before my state adopted constitutional carry. Now I almost never open carry. But back then I was not going to buy a gun license any more than I was going to buy a Bible permit or a free speech license.

So far I have only seen this 'issue' become a 'problem' in states where they have BOTH a cch license and/or a gun ownership license AND a Pot License "medical weed card".

States have sent warnings to pot smoking gun owners noting their prohibited status and requiring them to get rid of the guns before they come for them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

OldStufferA5#1911 wrote:
Ezra Smack wrote:

So far I have only seen this 'issue' become a 'problem' in states where they have BOTH a cch license and/or a gun ownership license AND a Pot License "medical weed card".

States have sent warnings to pot smoking gun owners noting their prohibited status and requiring them to get rid of the guns before they come for them.

You lost me on that one. :?: :?:

Are you saying that in some states if you have a license/permit/prescription for medical marijuana, that you can't own a gun????? Or are you just saying that you shouldn't get high on MJ and then carry your gun into town?

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:22 pm 
Crown Grade

Go give the federal laws a read.
If you are addicted to any controlled substances, if you are a regular user of illegal drugs (and make no mistake, pot is federally illegal), you are a Prohibited Person by federal law.
Go read a 4473, it asks too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:51 am 
Crown Grade

OldStufferA5#1911 wrote:
If you are addicted to any controlled substances, if you are a regular user of illegal drugs (and make no mistake, pot is federally illegal), you are a Prohibited Person by federal law.

This is all true, but I think the Supreme Court has ruled that no one has to answer truthfully. It's a from of self incrimination.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:45 am 
Crown Grade

Vette Jockey wrote:
OldStufferA5#1911 wrote:

This is all true, but I think the Supreme Court has ruled that no one has to answer truthfully. It's a from of self incrimination.

Then what would be the point of even filling out a 4473?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:13 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If you want the gun, then you have no choice. What’s the point of asking about race and ethnicity on the 4473?

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:15 am 
Crown Grade

Vette Jockey wrote:
OldStufferA5#1911 wrote:

Yet lying on the form is a crime, Perjury.

Yea, I know,,, only 0.06% of people who perjure themselves on a 4473 ever get prosecuted, but I don't intend to be Bruce Abramski, and the Supreme Court upheld his conviction.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:20 am 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:
If you want the gun, then you have no choice. What’s the point of asking about race and ethnicity on the 4473?

Straight from, the BATFE's FAQ pages a Google away:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/why-doe ... -ethnicity

Why does ATF Form 4473 ask for race and ethnicity?
The purpose for requiring prospective purchasers of firearms to identify their racial and ethnic background is to aid law enforcement in accurately tracing firearms found in crimes and better enable Federal firearms licensees to identify the purchaser during the background check portion of a firearms transaction.
To collect this identifying information, ATF was required to follow the race and ethnicity standards and format for administrative forms and records established by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). These standards were first published by OMB in the Federal Register on October 30, 1997, and became effective on January 1, 2003.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:24 am 
Crown Grade

When Joey Bagodonuts boys a gun, which Joey Bagodonuts is it?

The white/caucasian Joey Bagodonuts
The black Joey Bagodonuts
The asian Joey Bagodonuts
The hispanic Joey Bagodonuts
The pacific islander Joey Bagodonuts
The indian Joey Bagodonuts

Post subject: Re:Concealed Carry
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:24 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It’s a plausible explanation for the gullible, but it’s all BS. The presumption that gun purchasers is big brother government in the extreme. Those types of questions are illegal in other circumstances. It’s called racial profiling

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

casonet wrote:
It’s a plausible explanation for the gullible, but it’s all BS. The presumption that gun purchasers is big brother government in the extreme. Those types of questions are illegal in other circumstances. It’s called racial profiling

It might be if race was the only factor used but height, weight, age, date of birth are also used in legal personal descriptions simply as a way to narrow down the list. My drivers license even has my hair and eye color.

And while we are on the subject of racial profiling, what about the profiling and stereotyping of people as potential criminals just because they are exercising their constitutional enumerated right of keeping and bearing arms? The sort of people who protested vigorously against public schools, restaurants and movie theaters being "negro free zones" have no problem with public schools, restaurants and movie theaters being "gun free zones".