It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who chews gum?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

This one may be a bit out there but I was googling chewing gum as an aid with reflux that I think is the cause of my voice going croaky on occasion while shooting that means I struggle with the voice release to register on occasion (which is real annoying).

The benefits of chewing gum in relation to sports performance is widely publicized but to be honest never really considered chewing gum while shooting, so who chews gum while shooting clays?

I'm gonna give it a try to see if the voice situation clears, got nothing to lose.

Post subject: Re: Who chews gum?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:26 pm 
Crown Grade

I chew gum.

I don't chew gum often enough to plan to do it at any particular time or while doing anything particular.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:14 pm 
Field Grade

I chew gum when I shoot. For some reason, it helps in keeping my nerves calm and focus on the targets.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:17 am 
Field Grade

RE1962 wrote:
I chew gum when I shoot. For some reason, it helps in keeping my nerves calm and focus on the targets.

Same here

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:43 am 
Tournament Grade

try to always have gum when shooting or golfing - takes the edge off between shots

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:47 pm 
Tournament Grade

Chewing gum gives the sensation of eating. It basically tricks your brain into relaxing and feeling comfort. Same effect eating has on you.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:29 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

LOL, for whatever reason I used to chew gum a lot, and stopped once I started shooting :)

The simple answer is, "K80, 32" flat-rib bbls, S&S custom stock, 55/45, Bornaghi 1oz 1250 7-½'s, M/M, Castelani, Lonesome Charlie, K-lube, qMaxx blue, Bore-snake, green Brake-cleen, and a very cold and dry Stoli martini."

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:09 pm 
Presentation Grade

I don't like to chew when I shoot as I hear the noise of chewing with my plugs in. Don't know if I could overcome it

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Yes, but you gotta make sure to move it to the ‘other’ side before calling for the target:-)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:47 pm 
Field Grade

I don't chew gum, but I often pop in a King Leo peppermint when shooting. Pretty much addicted to the things. Downside is always making sure the damn thing is on the left side of my mouth when I mount the gun!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:15 pm 
Field Grade

I chew nicotine gum. Helps with the snuff cravings.