It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Perazzi 18.4 flush factory chokes?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:21 pm 
Field Grade

I bought a 31.5 barrel for my mx12 and had Doug Braker fit it a few months ago. It is a 18.4 bore. I been shooting the factory flush chokes and they seem pretty good. I patterned them on a few sheets of paper basically to check poi, pattern with #2 & #4 looked darn good. The IC’s seem to reach out and hit targets hard when I do my part.

My question is has anyone had same set-up, shot factory flush and went to Briley or another after market extended choke and seen a significant change? This gun came with a 29.5 “ 18.7 bore and I use teague extended - which are very nice.

Just wondering?

Post subject: Re: Perazzi 18.4 flush factory chokes?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:27 pm 
Diamond Grade

Generally speaking, the Perazzi factory chokes are choked in increments of .004.

#1 ='s .004
#2 ='s .008
#3 ='s .012
#4 ='s .016

Briley tends to make chokes in increments of .005

Skeet ='s .005.
IC ='s .010
Lt. Mod ='s .015

I have both brands for my 31.5 factory screw choke barrel. Both manufacturers make quality chokes. I prefer the Briley Titanium flush mounts, because they are lighter, making the set up a bit more lively/dynamic. It's just personal preference.

But honestly, I don't use the 31.5's, as I ordered my gun with a fixed choke 34 inch(.024) in both barrels and prefer that.

TR

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

I really don't like the flush 18.4 tubes .. mine stick bad...give me anything that is on the outside of the barrel or extended. JMO

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:00 pm 
Limited Edition

I noticed in the manual, that Perazzi advises to remove the choketubes when done shooting. I got a tube of Krieghoff grease to apply to the tubes, and it works well. I am seeing that the tubes have not worked loose when shooting, like I have experienced with other guns I have.

What brand of tubes are you using, shortgrub?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:06 pm 
Utility Grade

I rarely find any after market barrel work or chokes worth of the money they charged.

I had two barrels worked done by the two most famous barrel smiths, they came back with beautifully patterned papers, but neither of them bought me an extra target. My average stayed the same.

Consider the cost of their work, you can buy a new Remington 1100 and donate it to youth shooting program for better usage of my money.