It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Owners for Shotgunworld
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:56 am 
Utility Grade

Stop in once and awhile always found good advice alot of helpful people here. Don't change things around too much and it will continue to be a great site

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:44 am 
Field Grade

Thanks Jay for the hard work and all the moderators as well that helped keep the spam bots at bay! Much appreciated. The current format will be missed.

https://www.glocktalk.com/forum/ This is a Carbon owned forum. Should probably expect SGW to change over to something like this but unique color scheme I would imagine?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

MDshooterSam wrote:
Thanks Jay for the hard work and all the moderators as well that helped keep the spam bots at bay! Much appreciated. The current format will be missed.

https://www.glocktalk.com/forum/ This is a Carbon owned forum. Should probably expect SGW to change over to something like this but unique color scheme I would imagine?

It ain't broke, and Carbon Media shouldn't "fix" it.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

lossking wrote:
It ain't broke, and Carbon Media shouldn't "fix" it.

The site he linked to is running on Xenforo, which is not only a modern, fast, mobile-friendly board system, it has become the de facto standard in the forum world. This one is running an ancient, slow, relatively insecure, pre-mobile, system from late 2007 (phpBB 3.x). An eleven year old platform is "broken" or, more accurately, is an example of "software rot."

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:54 pm 
Crown Grade

I have to agree, this forum software is ancient. Ease of posting photos is probably the biggest issue, and a "like" feature is a common desire. Searching on this forum ain't great either.

Don't get me wrong; I love this place - but a cleaner, easier to use interface would be welcome.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:49 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Rastoff wrote:
Yeah, traffic here has dropped dramatically.

I stopped posting here in late 2016, for a number of reasons, but popped back in to catch up. Alas, I see exactly what you mean.

Anyway, just read the news of the transfer. Thank you Jay for all you did over the years. Wishing everyone the best. Take care. :)