It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: TriStar Trap guns are a great value
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:33 am 
Diamond Grade

I wonder how much of a dialog can take place on the state sides here and Tri-Star when you have an issue. With a Browning or Beretta I'm pretty sure there is some one that will take a bit of a tongue lashing to get your point across and take it to authorized service.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:42 am 
Presentation Grade

Defective gun update..
I posted earlier about a club member with a defective Tri Star... he returned it to them, they shot it and returned it and said it was fine....even though it was wearing metal on metal.
He got it back and started using it again...and the thing bound up and stopped working again after another 8 boxes of shells. They have now agreed to replace it...but they insisted that he send the gun back to them again. What he thinks they will do is replace just parts of it instead of giving him a replacement. He may end up with a frankengun...
He's not too pleased with any part of the experience. Buyer beware...you get what you pay for.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:12 pm 
Presentation Grade

emgerrish wrote:
Defective gun update..
I posted earlier about a club member with a defective Tri Star... he returned it to them, they shot it and returned it and said it was fine....even though it was wearing metal on metal.
He got it back and started using it again...and the thing bound up and stopped working again after another 8 boxes of shells. They have now agreed to replace it...but they insisted that he send the gun back to them again. What he thinks they will do is replace just parts of it instead of giving him a replacement. He may end up with a frankengun...
He's not too pleased with any part of the experience. Buyer beware...you get what you pay for.

Stories, like this give me pause. I am thinking that if you can afford a “B” brand gun...just do it. Price plus Quality = Value...not just price alone? Most are lucky and get a good gun...will that be me? Not taking the chance

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

JerseyJim wrote:
Stories, like this give me pause. I am thinking that if you can afford a “B” brand gun...just do it. Price plus Quality = Value...not just price alone? Most are lucky and get a good gun...will that be me? Not taking the chance

If it only took you 6 weeks to figure out not to buy junk, you're doing pretty good...

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:32 pm 
Crown Grade

I heard you never have to clean them. Use them once and throw them away. :mrgreen: (It was a joke guys. Relax.)