It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trap shooting instructor in Denver, CO area
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:46 pm 
Field Grade

Can any of you recommend a good trap shooting instructor in the Denver, CO area for my wife. Most of the instructors I'm familiar with are oriented more towards sporting clays. This is the third year that my wife has been shooting in a trap league with me. I've been shooting in the trap league off and on for 30 years, not ATA, and shoot in a handful of NSCA shoots each year.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Trap shooting instructor in Denver, CO area
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:47 am 
Crown Grade

macrae3454 wrote:
Can any of you recommend a good trap shooting instructor in the Denver, CO area for my wife. Most of the instructors I'm familiar with are oriented more towards sporting clays. This is the third year that my wife has been shooting in a trap league with me. I've been shooting in the trap league off and on for 30 years, not ATA, and shoot in a handful of NSCA shoots each year.
Thanks.

Contact the Pikes Peak gun club in Colorado Springs.
George or Larry are both trap instructors. (Not sure of last names)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:48 am 
Crown Grade

macrae3454 wrote:
Thanks.

Contact the Pikes Peak gun club in Colorado Springs.
George or Larry are both trap instructors. (Not sure of last names)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:51 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks for the tip.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:20 pm 
Field Grade

You've got one of the best instructors around just up the road from you......Phil Kiner, in Cheyenne. I have been to one of his clinics in Cheyenne and he is very good. He also will continue to help you as needed. If something comes up you can call him and he will help you work through it. He is very accessible.

You can contact him via the link on his own forum here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:02 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks for the tip on Phil Kiner. One of the guys in our league mentioned him just this week. We're talking about putting together a small group to go up to Cheyenne for a clinic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:35 am 
Field Grade

I have been to him before. I could use a refresher so let me know if you put something together or if you talk to Phil I would likely come in as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:12 pm 
Limited Edition

I am putting on a 1 day clinic in Cheyenne June- 2
max 8 shooters - 200$ each

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:04 am 
Utility Grade

macrae3454 wrote:
Thanks.

Get a hold of Mark Taylor - he teaches out of Colorado Clays and Golden Gun Club (I think his contact information is on the website for these places). He worked with a friend of mine and his wife and they were very pleased with the instruction they received.