It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sa-20 question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:20 pm 
Field Grade

Hello everyone I have a quick question about the sa 20. Can the stock from an sa- 20 Mossberg be interchanged with an sa- 08 Weatherby. I'm referring to the synthetic stock.

Post subject: Re: Sa-20 question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:28 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Unlikely, as they are made by two different companies. The Weatherby is ATA, the Mossberg SA-20 is by Armsan.

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:48 am 
Field Grade

In a thread that was posted on the Mossberg forum a little farther down, I believe it was moved to the classifieds, people were posting that they had called Weatherby for Mossberg stock. I wasn't sure if it was just a typo, I left the post to see if I could get someone to respond and they did not. I'm not very computer literate or I would have posted a link, by the way Randy, that was a good review on that gun.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:53 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

The now-discontinued Weatherby SA-08 28 gauge was made by ARMSAN: so is the Mossberg International SA-28.

That is not the case with the SA-08 12 and 20 gauges, they are ATA guns.

The SA-20 has no mainspring in the stock, the SA-08 20 gauge does. Different design.

http://randywakeman.com