It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Choke for Browning bt99
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:27 am 
Utility Grade

Hello everyone, my name is Marty I’m new on here and im needing some info, my son shoots trap and we are looking to get a new Trulock choke for his Browning bt99 with the invector plus barrel and thought I could ask around and see what y’all thought would be a good one to get, thanks

Post subject: Re: Choke for Browning bt99
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:15 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Martywood wrote:
Hello everyone, my name is Marty I’m new on here and im needing some info, my son shoots trap and we are looking to get a new Trulock choke for his Browning bt99 with the invector plus barrel and thought I could ask around and see what y’all thought would be a good one to get, thanks

Welcome to the board, Marty. I had a BT-99 about 4 or 5 years ago and it patterned superbly with the flush Invector Plus Full choke (0.030" constriction) that came with it. The extended choke may look "sexier", but I seriously doubt that it will shoot any better. In fact, I have some extended Full chokes in Invector Plus and I know that they don't shoot any better in my guns, but they are very convenient for quick changing for sporting clays.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:20 am 
Limited Edition

Why do you want a new choke? Why Trulock? What's wrong with the ones that came with the gun?

As far as constriction......it's trap. Choke it full and put it out of your mind.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:43 am 
Utility Grade

Yeah the choke that came with has got some damage scratches from using a tornado brush I guess he used one on it when he was cleaning the gun, he has learned his lesson on that one

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:07 am 
Limited Edition

Martywood wrote:
Yeah the choke that came with has got some damage scratches from using a tornado brush
I've cleaned stainless steel choke tubes with tornado brushes before. Scratches, if any, are cosmetic only. The choke tube's steel is far harder than the soft mild steel the brush is made from.

Shoot it and don't worry about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:28 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I shoot a BT-99, and with a flush Briley Improved Modified it handles 16 yard targets with ease, as long as I do my part using a 7/8 oz. #8 load.