All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Intermittent eye dominance issue
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:
Did you mean:
Sarah Spletzer

Sara Pluta

No results containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - Sarasplotza - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.

Where is that? Google never heard of it.

NSCA #551026

FORUMS are for ENTERTAINMENT ONLY. They don't teach shooting!

{RO

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

Eriehunter. Obviously its important to you so I will check and get back to you.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:13 pm 
Diamond Grade

Eriehunter. The correct spelling is the Sarlospuszta shooting facility so I apologize for that. But my wife thinks we were talking to Kim at the King Don Carlos facility in Northern Spain or the Al Ein facility in Abu Dhabi. Once again, I will check up on that and get back to you. The pictures are top left on my website.

www.peteblakeley.com

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:06 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

" But by closing the off eye as you trigger the shot you are retaining your perhipheral vision and depth perception right up to the last second when you trigger the shot. What have you got to lose?"

Peter, that is exactly what many brilliant shots do . Even both eyes open shooters often do that if they wish to be certain on a difficult presentation. To me that makes sense.
We had this discussion only last week ,and one of the most respected Instructors said " poke 'em in the off eye , job done ,let's move on ."

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:59 am 
Diamond Grade

Salopian. Exactly. And that's what I suggested in my first DVD with Sunrise Productions 15 years ago "Read the Line, Feel the Lead". But there are still instructors that tell their clients "We don't test for dominance, you can learn to shoot with both eyes open." After 5 years, when the poor guy is still missing targets but has no idea why, his coach is still telling him:- "You're just not trying hard enough." I wonder if those coaches give refunds?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:22 am 
Crown Grade

pete blakeley wrote:

I found it thanks, looks like a nice place.

NSCA #551026

FORUMS are for ENTERTAINMENT ONLY. They don't teach shooting!

{RO

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:21 pm 
Field Grade

pete blakeley wrote:
Salopian. Exactly. And that's what I suggested in my first DVD with Sunrise Productions 15 years ago "Read the Line, Feel the Lead". But there are still instructors that tell their clients "We don't test for dominance, you can learn to shoot with both eyes open." After 5 years, when the poor guy is still missing targets but has no idea why, his coach is still telling him:- "You're just not trying hard enough." I wonder if those coaches give refunds?

Pete, I agree with this 100%. One of my colleagues likes to call these coaches 'snake oil salesmen'. There are a few on trapshooters.com peddling the 'two eyes regardless' idea and non believers are not welcome!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

Skyliner39 wrote:
pete blakeley wrote:

Pete, I agree with this 100%. One of my colleagues likes to call these coaches 'snake oil salesmen'. There are a few on trapshooters.com peddling the 'two eyes regardless' idea and non believers are not welcome!

I'm sorry, but I have to ask..

If occluders and eye patches are the way to get good scores, what top sporting shooters are doing that/using them? I admit I don't get to all the big NSCA events, or any of the PSCA events, but as far as I can tell, no top sporting shooters wear obvious blinders or occluders. In fact, of the 5 or 6 local guys regularly at the top of the podium around where I shoot that I talked to, only one told me they wink an eye or blink at the end of the shot.

You guys all seem to agree that occlusion, etc is the solution, but it just seems like you're in circular agreement. Where's the data about how it works in Sporting, not Skeet or Trap?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:14 pm 
Crown Grade

jtw wrote:
If occluders and eye patches are the way to get good scores, what top sporting shooters are doing that/using them?

Good question. My observation is that there are not many top shooters using them. If you have dominate eye issues you are probably not going to be a top shooter.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:55 pm 
Diamond Grade

Show me. IMO That's not true. But many shooters don't admit what they do to other shooters. Points make prizes.