It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Addition to the Family
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:21 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

I brought a new pup home Friday! After we lost Zeke last August, we decided we wanted another pup but the time wasn’t right. We decided that the springtime would be optimal for us, so I started looking for likely breeders.

We wanted a dog a little smaller, so I looked at Brittany’s and English Setters. I couldn’t find many breeders in driving distance, and I really didn’t want to have a pup shipped. I ended up choosing Lone Star Brittany’s in Midland, TX. We talked a while, and I sent a deposit in January. The litter was born March 3, 8 males and 2 females. I had 2nd pick of the males. He had the males in a small pen for me to choose from. I sorted out the wallflower and the bully, leaving me with 5 to choose from. It was hard, they’re all so cute! Pretty soon 3 of them lost interest, so it was down to 2. One seemed to pick me, and I liked his markings the best. So he’s the one that slept almost all the way home with me.

We named him Ruger.

www.tapatalk.com/groups/28gasociety/index.php

Post subject: Re: New Addition to the Family
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

BPGuy wrote:
I brought a new pup home Friday! After we lost Zeke last August, we decided we wanted another pup but the time wasn’t right. We decided that the springtime would be optimal for us, so I started looking for likely breeders.

We wanted a dog a little smaller, so I looked at Brittany’s and English Setters. I couldn’t find many breeders in driving distance, and I really didn’t want to have a pup shipped. I ended up choosing Lone Star Brittany’s in Midland, TX. We talked a while, and I sent a deposit in January. The litter was born March 3, 8 males and 2 females. I had 2nd pick of the males. He had the males in a small pen for me to choose from. I sorted out the wallflower and the bully, leaving me with 5 to choose from. It was hard, they’re all so cute! Pretty soon 3 of them lost interest, so it was down to 2. One seemed to pick me, and I liked his markings the best. So he’s the one that slept almost all the way home with me.

We named him Ruger.

Congrats on a great looking pup Dan. Hope you have the energy to keep up with a Brit. My sister's champion Brittany is still a ball of fire at nearly 12 years old.

Gig 'Em Aggies!
Boosting the numbers with every post

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:17 pm 
Crown Grade

Congratulations Dan. I was hoping you were going to get a new pup after Zeke passed. I'm really glad you deemed yourself ready and took the plunge. Zeke was a special dog and will be fondly remembered by all of us who hunted with the two of you. Looking at the pictures of Ruger, I don't imagine it'll be very long before he has a special place in your life too. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:19 pm 
Diamond Grade

Congrats! That is a good looking puppy! I guess expecting to see him in January for the pheasant hunt is probably a little too ambitious huh? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:34 pm 
Presentation Grade

Ahh, Dan! That's great! Thanks for the notice, and the pictures, too. Looks like he's at home. Looking forward to meeting him.

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

double20 wrote:
Congrats! That is a good looking puppy! I guess expecting to see him in January for the pheasant hunt is probably a little too ambitious huh? :wink:

Thanks to all for the kind words! Little Ruger is a handful, but we sure love him. If he seems ready, I will bring him to MO to meet everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:46 pm 
Crown Grade

BPGuy wrote:
double20 wrote:

Thanks to all for the kind words! Little Ruger is a handful, but we sure love him. If he seems ready, I will bring him to MO to meet everyone.

I would bring him along even if he's not ready to hunt pheasants. Get him used to traveling, also a great opportunity to socialize him among other people and dogs. Besides, we'd love to see him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:34 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

What a cute little puppy, he does not know how lucky he is to have you for a "daddy" :D Is he having much trouble training you :?: :lol: :lol:

cdb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:57 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

We’re just getting started, but I have to wonder if there isn’t more than a little truth to that.