It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I’m too slow to change at times
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:14 pm 
Field Grade

For a good while now I knew I was having a problem with foot placement and stance caused by operating the foot petal (Champion Workhorse)with my left foot (I shoot right handed). Always wished I had someone to operate foot petal or release. I decided to try it releasing with my right foot. What a difference that made! My mount, point, and swing all are a lot smoother. I was getting 23-24 breaks per box. And that was with little sleep last night.

I also shot my old A5 and did good with it. First time I had shot it in years. I wanted to compare recoil between it and my Browning CX. The A5 definitely recoiled more than the CX. To me, the CX has no noticeable recoil at all. I feel nothing at all with 1 oz loads and just very slightly more with 1 1/8 oz loads.

Off my rump to shoot some more.

Joe

Post subject: Re: I’m too slow to change at times
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:00 pm 
Presentation Grade

Have fun shooting.
Glad that you figured it out.