It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mismatched shotgun furniture?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:46 am 
Presentation Grade

Does anyone have a wood/polymer mix on their gun? I switched back to the Hogue forend on my 500 but I still have the wood stock I cut to a 13" LOP on there too. I feel odd with the rubber forend and wood stock but it's much more comfortable for me like this. The wood forend looked nice but was too fat and offered very little grip texture. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Mismatched shotgun furniture?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:51 am 
Crown Grade

If it works for you, use it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:02 pm 
Utility Grade

If it's comfortable for YOU being the shooter I'd say leave well enough alone. Just my 2¢

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

Anybody that's followed my posts over the years knows that I'm a ~13" LOP diehard. And I've lucked into finding said shortenings of 870 OEM & my favorite! (oh myther than visceral Holy Grail walnut) Hogue OM stocks area that fit OTHER Limbsaver offerings. But I have no Mossy experience.

That said, if your 13" woody stock suits YOU but the visual mismatch doesn't, strip/sand it down and apply copius ebony wood stain...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:47 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have owned quite a few police trade ins. A lot of those have mis-matched furniture with various combinations of wood and plastic.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:41 pm 
Crown Grade

My 500 has both rear and forend pistol grips that are plastic when it's in HD mode. However, lots of my shooting buddies for some reason don't like the pistol grip forend, so I put on a wooden forend when we go shooting. It looks really weird, but hey it shoots just fine. Little bit harder in the recoil department once the 3" buckshot loads come into play.

DCx2 Acta Est Fabula
"Liberals need to own the First Amendment like the Conservatives own the Second" - Bill Maher
MAGA = Morons Are Governing America
Does anybody remember laughter? - Robert Plant

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:56 pm 
Field Grade

I would put reliability, efficiency and functionality far above aesthetics. But if you can't get over the look of the mixed furniture, go ahead and change it as your budget allows as long as it doesn't affect the gun's ability preform or your ability to make it preform efficiently.