It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Customer Service Above and Beyond
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:53 pm 
Crown Grade

While setting my XS Special in the rack two weeks ago the gun slipped in my hand a broke off the mid bead. As part of my set up I always take a look down the rib, check bids are lined up and then shift my gaze to where the target is going to appear. Just part of my mental routine before calling for the bird.

I called Browning this morning, told the customer service guy that I needed to get a mid bead. He asked when I bought the gun (2011) and then told me that he could not find my info and asked if I had ordered parts from Browning before. I replied that I had not and that is why I buy Browning shotguns...they are extremely reliable.

He said that was good to hear and that my bead was on the way. I mentioned that he had not taken any CC info from me. He told me not to worry about it and have fun shooting.

Yes, I know mid beads are probably a buck or two at most. But he had to take the time to input my info, someone is going to have to take the time to package it and mail it. The postage is not free. And yet, no charge...

Another reason why I love my Brownings!!

Post subject: Re: Customer Service Above and Beyond
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:42 pm 
Presentation Grade

Isn't that great.
I like your comment about Browning reliability.
I have had great service from my Browning's and
I have had a lot of them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:58 am 
Presentation Grade

Location: Palookaville, NJ. Birth place of municipal corruption.
I won't go into specifics here...since I have a Browning 725 that will soon be sent in for issues/repairs. I'll never buy a another new Browning again. You're much better off with a lightly used gun that has no issues. If you get a good one...you won't have to worry about Browning Customer Service.

Suffice to say, I bought a NEW gun with seriously nice wood and discovered a problem with it when I got it home. Bought from a very well known dealer. After 4 days, the dealer could not get a reply from Browning. On the 5th day, I decided to call Browning myself; I could not get a satisfactory response from Browning either. Outcome: I sent it back to the dealer, not Browning. The dealer accepted the return for a full refund.

Browning needs to treat each customer as if that customer were their last.

Last edited by bojo on Mon May 21, 2018 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:23 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have been very happy with the various Browning shotguns I have owned. My recent experience with the service center in Arnold, MO is interesting. I have a Browning BPS 10 gauge with a camo composite stock, bought used but near new. The outer finish was a sprayed or dipped clear “weatherproof” finish. This topcoat was a great idea...other than it was unable to have contact with gun oils, bug spray, perspiration, and deteriorated with age.
The stock and forearm get “sticky”, feels like pancake syrup poured all over it.
Good news is Browning is fixing or replacing the stock and forearm, bad news is they expect to have gun 6-8 months!
Not sure why the long delay but they have excepted responsibility...