It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1904 browning a5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:53 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi all and thanks for letting me in this forum .. I recently added to my browning collection a 1904 browning a5 straight stock .. serial number 42xx .. it’s in beautiful shape but here is the kicker .. sometime in the past someone added/installed a Remington barrel on it .. I need /want to find a period correct barrel for it .. any ideas what years would work for it . Also picked up a 1972 Superlight a5 imported and a 1924 16 gauge a5 . Been a good month for a5’s lol ..

Post subject: Re: 1904 browning a5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:04 am 
Crown Grade

Hello Sirdiealot and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a nice collection of Auto-5’s. I hope you post pictures.

As for your barrel, I think the odds are against you finding one that’s period-correct. You might give Art’s Gun Shop a call. And keep an eye on Gun Broker and eBay auctions. If you just want a Browning barrel that fits, you should see if one from one of your other Auto-5 works.

Post subject: Re: 1904 browning a5
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:18 am 
Presentation Grade

Congrats on your collection. I would also like to see pics of all your guns. Especially closeups of the Remington barrel.