It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Citori Confusion -Which one?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:32 am 
Limited Edition

I shoot 5 stand and Sporting. Sold my 725 w/adj comb last year. LOP too long and difficult to shorten due to Brwng Adj comb hardware. Have been shooting an auto ,but am itching to get back to an O/U. So what’s a guy to do? Get a 725 Sporting? A CSX , A Crossover Target????

I want to get a gun and have it fitted and live happily ever after with more x’s on the score sheets :D

Post subject: Re: Citori Confusion -Which one?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:51 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I would buy the CXS or the CX(which is basically the Special Sporting Clays with a much much better pad) The new A5 LOP spacers fit the CX perfectly and may save you the cost of fitting.

Shop around on Gunbroker and call the seller up and specify which particular gun you want and they may well just end the auction and ship it to you for their asking price. This is exactly what I did with Northern Firearms/Reeds Family Sports.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
NSCA 646442

"....if you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If you want to just consider Browning, then I would see if you could get a chance to try all of those. They are all good guns. The 725 will handle slightly differently than the other two, and I would be surprised if you did not have a preference of one over the other.

If you really liked the 725 and just needed a shorter LOP to get it dialed in for you, I would go with the 725 sporting (no adj. comb) and add an aftermarket adjustable comb (if needed). Most of those will allow the shorter LOP you need. FYI, I used to own a Browning XS Skeet and had to get rid of it for the same reason. Really liked the gun, but no easy way to shorten the LOP.

Not sure if you are totally locked into Brownings, but you also might want to look at the Beretta 686's guns as well.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:40 am 
Field Grade

If you're looking for a shorter LOP, you might want to look at the 725 Field or the Citori CX, both listed at 14-1/4". The 725 Sporting (including the adjustable comb) and the CXS are both 14-3/4. The Crossover Target is not a current model (though who knows what you might be able to find) but the Browning website does not list the LOP.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:32 am 
Utility Grade

I haven't had any with adjustable combs, but I have had my more recent Citori purchases shortened to a 14-1/4" LOP, just like a field gun. My Lightnings have come that way, so no surgery needed there. Even though I'm 6'1", I seem to have shorter arms, and a shorter LOP works for me. Conversely, my brother in law is 6'5", and puts a slipover pad to add even more LOP to a gun that's already almost 15" LOP.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:24 pm 
Field Grade

If LOP on the 725 is an issue they sell a few different thicknesses of the recoil pad and the gun comes with the thickest.