It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Added another CZ
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:18 pm 
Diamond Grade

Well, yesterday I picked up a CZ 720 ALS G2 for my wife to use. We gave some thought to either getting a custom stock for her Benelli Montefeltro or adding an adjustable comb to it but it's still a light gun and is inertia operated instead of gas. Recoil would still be an issue after a box or two. So we decided to relegate the Montefeltro to hunting duty and get the CZ for target shooting.

First impressions are that this gun should work great for her. Getting the stock the correct length (first notch out from shortest setting) was a breeze and by setting the adjustable comb to the middle setting, it seems to fit her very well. She has her head in a more upright natural position instead of canted to the side. The gun is also a bit heavy, which is good for a target gun. Between the extra weight over the Montefeltro and the gas system vs the inertia system, felt recoil should be substantially less than the Benelli allowing her to be able to shoot more than two boxes at a time the couple of times a year we shoot at Vanzant without getting a sore shoulder. The recoil pad on the ATI stock seems pretty good. Better than the usual standard CZ pads.

Proof is in the pudding as they say so we won't know for sure until she shoots it. If we don't get out before then, she will definitely shoot it during a camping trip we are taking later this month. I'll report back then. The good thing is that if she doesn't like it, I can move the stock out 2 clicks and shoot it myself!

Post subject: Re: Added another CZ
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:31 pm 
Crown Grade

Sounds like a great choice. Please keep us advised of how this plan works out.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Just being a gas gun it will have less felt recoil, I bet she will like it a whole lot more than the Benelli.

cdb

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:49 pm 
Diamond Grade

Here is a not so good photo with me holding it up against one of our walls while my wife takes a picture:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:59 pm 
Field Grade

Very nice! Excited to hear your (and your wife's) thoughts after trying it out. I've been considering the 712 ALS G2 for my fiance for the last 6 months. Please keep us posted!