It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CZ Sporter G2 vs All-American
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:21 pm 
Utility Grade

*posted first in opinions, but only hearing about the B's*
Hi, new member, and I hope I'm not re-hashing anything, but my google-fu has yet to bring up good information on this topic, so I was hoping some of the experts here could shed some light.
I'm looking at buying a new SC gun. I've had a Benelli Cordoba and Super Sport in the past because of the comb pad, otherwise my cheek gets beat up as I tend to roll my head over the stock to line up the rib. I've since used shims to help with that, but now I'm looking at O/Us for the first time, and shims aren't an option outside of the 828u. So...
I'm looking for differences between the now discontinued CZ Sporter G2 and the current All-American. The specifications seem the same, however I believe the SG2 was made at Huglu and the AA at Akkar? Correct me if I'm wrong. Also the actions look slightly different.
I can find the SG2 new under $1500, and the AA just over 2k (not the combo). Justifiable price difference? I've heard Dave Miller puts crazy amounts of rounds through his CZ, but when you're getting paid by them, you'll say what keeps your job and sells more guns.
I have no qualms with paying more for more, but the value has to remain or be better for me to justify spending more. Even to the point of buying something more expensive like the Barrett B-XPro (2.5K), or 725 Sporting Adjustable (2.7k), or Cynergy Sporting Adjustable (2.3k if I can find one). So far the CZ SG2 seems like best bang for buck (even though they all go 'bang') but I have no way of handling any of these without buying and shipping it first.
I know it's a whole World War Turkey vs Italy vs Japan thing, but other than price, is there an objective or even anecdotal quantification for price?
TLDR: I don't want to regret going cheapest, but would feel just as silly throwing money away.

Post subject: Re: CZ Sporter G2 vs All-American
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I love all my CZ shotguns and have in excess of 50k through them 30k+ through my C-Back, they are good guns.

cdb