It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Limbsaver on M12
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:28 am 
Field Grade

I have an old, nickle steel, M12 12ga- 28"/Mod, no rib. I want to start using it for trap shooting (16yd). All my other guns have full chokes. I have a Benelli with tubes, but the pattern in 98/2 high and 80/20 left.

I do alright with the Benelli - but miss too many easy targets. After so many years of shooting I want to shoot where the gun is pointed - not where Benelli's engineering short comings want the charge to go to. I really like the Benelli - very low recoil and seems to fit me well - but again, POI is not POA.

I'm not as young as I used to be and want to put a pad on the M12. I have another Perch Belly butt stock that has been cut down - straight down - no curvature. I'm thinking of putting a Limbsaver on that butt stock and then putting the result on the M12.

Has anyone had any experience with Limbsaver? Good? Bad? indifferent? Do they reduce recoil enough to warrant their use? Thx

Post subject: Re: Limbsaver on M12
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:28 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have used the Limbsaver on a couple of my turkey guns over the years, and they were excellent in taming the recoil of the biggest 3 inch magnum turkey loads. I would not hesitate to give them a call and have them recommend a pad for your model 12.

Regards,
Joe

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I use two of the new AirTech models. One on a Super Nova and the other on my Montefeltro. I love the recoil reduction, they are the best I have ever had in that department.

They have one drawback. They do not slide at all on your clothing. They are very soft. I have to mount the guns differently than I do with guns without recoil pads, like my Auto 5 Light Twelve.

With that said, I still like 'em.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:22 am 
Limited Edition

I use and have installed many Limbsaver pads and believe that they absorb more recoil than other makes of pads.

Limbsavers are unique as they incorporate two methods of absorbing the force. First is their own material which results in a linear spring and coupled together with an air chamber (spring) which provides a progressive spring.

My customers, all, thanked me for recommending the Limbsavers for their guns.
They are more difficult to grind than other makes as you have to grind slower and lubricate to get a good finish.

Neanderthal is correct that they do not slide well but I dress the pad with gel tire dressing that makes it just slick enough and improves the appearance.

CT