It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: remington 1100 barrel swap
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:19 am 
Field Grade

I have two 1100 guns and four barrels. One is an older receiver and the other is a newer 1100 competition. Three of the barrels fit on either gun with no issues but one will go on the older receiver but binds on the comp. I'm not certain yet but I think the tit inside the receiver is not sliding in the barrel slot.

Curious if anyone else has come across this problem to maybe point me in the right direction.

As always Thanks,
Snooky

Post subject: Re: remington 1100 barrel swap
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Due to manufacturing tolerances, or wear, I have seen where a particular barrel might be extremely tight, or a little bit loose fitting, on a particular receiver. The tightness usually came from the alignment stud being tight in the slot, or more often the tang/chamber section being just tight in the receiver. I would try it without the barrel support and if that eased the fit I knew what to address.
Be careful as I believe the newer Competition models use an 11-87 sized extractor, which may require widening the slot in an older barrel.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:13 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks Virginian, It was the barrel collar. Polished it well with a scotch brite pad on a drill and she dropped right on.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:43 am 
Limited Edition

snooky wrote:
Thanks Virginian, It was the barrel collar. Polished it well with a scotch brite pad on a drill and she dropped right on.

Thanks

Smoky,

I highly suggest you grease the top of the barrel extension along with the barrel stud slot to reduce wear on both.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:44 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks Super x 1. Appreciate the help