It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NEW BROWNING A5 SWEET 16
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:25 am 
Utility Grade

HELLO!
I AM INTERESTED TO BUY THE NEW BROWNING A5 SWEET 16 WITH 26 inch BARREL AND I WOULD LIKE ANY OPINIONS AND IMPRESSIONS BY THE HOLDERS OF THE SPECIFIC MODEL AND IF IT HAS BEEN ANY OPERATING PROBLEMS.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Post subject: Re: NEW BROWNING A5 SWEET 16
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:22 am 
Tournament Grade

Our resident shotgun expert, Randy Wakeman has done a review of the new A5 on his website, RandyWakeman.com/shotgun. I personally think you would be better served with a different gun. Too many other good choices available to you, including the original A5's. The choice is yours, so good luck and have fun.

Regards,
Joe

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:01 pm 
Field Grade

I’ve sold a few of the new 12 gauge a5’s and had several more in for cleaning or maintenance. 1st off, maybe it’s nastalgia, but I really wish they wouldn’t have named this gun A5. It has nothing in common with the original and I feel like it does the original A5, which is an amazing shotgun, a disservice. What I have seen with the new A5, is that it depends on the particular individual gun that you get. I ordered 4 of them for customers at the same time. Two of them have been flawless, the other two have been nothing but problems. Failure to feed, failure to eject, just plain unreliable. I’m not a fan. As much as I like my browning over and unders, I’ve felt for years that their auto’s are lacking. That said, if I bought another auto right now, It would be a Beretta. I owned a Browning gold, and Winchester super x 2 and 3. Had issues with the over complicated gas piston in every one of them and they just don’t hold up well to heavy use.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:37 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

nekchania wrote:
HELLO!
I AM INTERESTED TO BUY THE NEW BROWNING A5 SWEET 16 WITH 26 inch BARREL AND I WOULD LIKE ANY OPINIONS AND IMPRESSIONS BY THE HOLDERS OF THE SPECIFIC MODEL AND IF IT HAS BEEN ANY OPERATING PROBLEMS.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

The notion that Browning is alone in recycling numbers and names is way off track. The Beretta 391 Xtrema is what, exactly? Even the Xtrema moniker is recycled today, as in the A400 Xtreme. It really didn't take 500 years of passion to have two totally different Model 391's on the market at the same time and to invent yet another example of poor spelling, morphing Extreme into Xtrema into Xtreme. Removing the "E" from Extreme is hardly astonishing inventive wizardry.

It is common practice in most industries and has been for countless years: it is done because it works.

The A5 line (as opposed to the Automatic-Five) is comprised of variations of the Bruno Civolani recoil action which has been dubbed "inertia." I like the A5 "Sweet Sixteen" better than the 12's, and when it comes to a 6 lb. modern production 16 gauge autoloader, Browning has no competition.

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:37 am 
Field Grade

Yes Beretta does it too, and I don’t care for that either but for a different reason. It confuses people!!! The A5 has such a longstanding legacy and reputation. When I hear “A5”. I’m taken back 40 years to old men and deerhounds on a Saturday morning, or my Pappy and I with a pair of bird dogs. The original A5 had character. Some might even go a step farther and say it had a soul. I feel like naming an inertia driven, camo painted, alloy receivered shotgun “A5” is sacrilege. Much like building a striker fired, polymer framed pistol and calling it a “1911”. Or building an polymer M4 variant and calling it an M1 Garand. Yes companies do it, no I can’t do anything about it, but I don’t have to like it.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:07 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

1966 Chevy Impala

2018 Chevy Impala

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:00 pm 
Limited Edition

I bought a new sweet sixteen last spring, 28 inch barrel. it shoots any shells I have out in it from old shells to new steel loads winter in mn and fall in sd worked fine in all weather andclimate changes, no malfunctions at all. I think you will like the gun and its handling, good luck!