It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tri Star G2 28 ga.
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:12 am 
Utility Grade

The Tri Star 28 Gauge came yesterday. I ordered the wood stock version. I won't be shooting it till the weekend but My first impression is "Wow". fit and finish is very nice on both wood and metal. the barrel is a blue/black color with no machining marks well polished inside and out. the wood stock while plain is evenly stained with excellent checkering and the dimension's fit Me to T. the florescent front bead is small but works well. there is nothing on this shotgun that looks cheap , Well done. I bet it will be a real fun skeet gun.

Post subject: Re: Tri Star G2 28 ga.
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:15 pm 
Field Grade

Good deal, hope you enjoy shooting it!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:38 pm 
Field Grade

I've got a TriStar Raptor A-TAC 12ga. I think I paid $299 + tax/DROS for it. Awesome shotgun! Feeds everything. Runs like a sewing machine. Light weight. Well made.

FWIW: I bought a Benelli Ultra Light in 28ga before the Tri-Star G2 28ga was available, and let me tell you...after my experience with the Raptor, I would've bought the TriStar 28ga instead without hesitation. They're $640 OTD at my LGS. That's about a 1/3 of the Benelli's price!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:54 pm 
Utility Grade

Sharpside wrote ; "I've got a TriStar Raptor A-TAC 12ga. I think I paid $299 + tax/DROS for it. Awesome shotgun! Feeds everything. Runs like a sewing machine. Light weight. Well made."
Good to hear. If this Viper 28ga shoots like I think it will, it wont be My last Tristar.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:00 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have a Bronze 20 gage. Best wood for the price. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:31 am 
Field Grade

OP which mode did you get (I know you said wood stick version but I believe they have 3 different G2s with wood stocks). Please post pics if you can and do a follow up after you get a chance to shoot it

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:30 pm 
Utility Grade

Kpag, I got the basic blued finish Viper G2 with the wood stock. they have the silver or the bronze finish ones that have better wood on them . I called Tristar before I got mine and they assured Me that the action and internals is the same on all of them but the finish and grade of wood is different. Don't know if I can do pictures but I will follow up after I shoot it.