It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Well...... That was fun (The Krieghoff Masters)
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:35 pm 
Diamond Grade

This was, in my opinion, the best Masters in a long time. The weather was great; the targets were much better in quality than in years past. I chatted with Allen McCannon and met John Henry face-to-face. There was also a "killer" low-country boil Saturday night, which was delicious. And, the two young ladies tending bar in the club house were very bee-you-tee-ful to gaze upon without a magic dot blocking my left eye........
This year the contract is up for renewal, so who knows where this shoot will be held next year????? I believe it will remain on the Eastern Seaboard, but could be in (Savannah) Georgia, Carolina or Virginia, or????

Post subject: Re: Well...... That was fun (The Krieghoff Masters)
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:29 pm 
Crown Grade

HOA, 2017 - 302 shooters

HOA, 2018 - 225 shooters

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:37 pm 
Crown Grade

ShowMe wrote:
HOA, 2017 - 302 shooters

HOA, 2018 - 225 shooters

I suppose this bolsters your contention that registered skeet is dying. Why do you find so much pleasure in that?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:31 pm 
Diamond Grade

There are LOTS of reasons attendance is down.
77 folks is a lot, but, folks age out, medical issues, other plans including family and friends involvements. Don't make it sound so bad.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:31 pm 
Limited Edition

Vette Jockey wrote:
ShowMe wrote:
HOA, 2017 - 302 shooters

HOA, 2018 - 225 shooters

I suppose this bolsters your contention that registered skeet is dying. Why do you find so much pleasure in that?

For someone who hates this sport so much you’d think he would sell his guns and stop posting in this forum.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:34 am 
Diamond Grade

What a wet blanket!
He looks for the worst in everything "skeet".
Anyway....... as I was saying, it was a very nice shoot.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:58 pm 
Crown Grade

In addition to Rebel Sympathy, I got to meet Eastern Shore Joe, and the best Left handed shooter the state of Pennsylvania has ever known!

Great meeting all these folks!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:08 pm 
Diamond Grade

Are the overall scores posted somewhere??
Nothing on the NSSA web site yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:28 pm 
Diamond Grade

John Henry wrote:
In addition to Rebel Sympathy, I got to meet Eastern Shore Joe, and the best Left handed shooter the state of Pennsylvania has ever known!

Great meeting all these folks!

I totally agree. It was great meeting everybody at Savannah.
I wish more folks had attended. We would have all had a good time, for sure. Maybe we would have even had just a "taste" and cut-up just a little after the shooting was over for the day.

Last edited by Rebel Sympathy on Wed May 09, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

labloverva wrote:
Are the overall scores posted somewhere??
Nothing on the NSSA web site yet.

I don't know.......

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

They were posted on the results page earlier today(NSSA web site).

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

D McMillen wrote:
They were posted on the results page earlier today(NSSA web site).

Just found it under EVENTS!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

Rebel Sympathy wrote:
This was, in my opinion, the best Masters in a long time. The weather was great; the targets were much better in quality than in years past. I chatted with Allen McCannon and met John Henry face-to-face. There was also a "killer" low-country boil Saturday night, which was delicious. And, the two young ladies tending bar in the club house were very bee-you-tee-ful to gaze upon without a magic dot blocking my left eye........
This year the contract is up for renewal, so who knows where this shoot will be held next year????? I believe it will remain on the Eastern Seaboard, but could be in (Savannah) Georgia, Carolina or Virginia, or????

Are you coming to the Elite shoot in Richmond?
Would love to meet you!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:51 am 
Diamond Grade

labloverva wrote:
Rebel Sympathy wrote:

Would love to meet you!

I would also love to meet you. But, I am not coming. I don't shoot a whole lot in the South down here in the summer months. I would like to, but it is too brutal for my old fading physical presence on this here planet. HAW-HAW! I ain't no "Spring Chicken", if you know what I mean.
We might have met briefly one time in the past. Did you buy a 32" Model 32 barrel from me a few years ago and pick it up at the Southern SXS in Sanford, NC? If that was you, we never got the chance to talk a whole lot, but we sort of hit it off pretty good.......
Take care.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

Rebel Sympathy wrote:
labloverva wrote:
Rebel Sympathy wrote:

Would love to meet you!

I would also love to meet you. But, I am not coming. I don't shoot a whole lot in the South down here in the summer months. I would like to, but it is too brutal for my old fading physical presence on this here planet. HAW-HAW! I ain't no "Spring Chicken", if you know what I mean.
We might have met briefly one time in the past. Did you buy a 32" Model 32 barrel from me a few years ago and pick it up at the Southern SXS in Sanford, NC? If that was you, we never got the chance to talk a whole lot, but we sort of hit it off pretty good.......
Take care.

I know all about not being a "Spring Chicken"! I'll be 75 on 7/3! I'm lucky to be shooting this game. Above 90 degrees keeps me at home.
We haven't met based on your suggestion of buying a 32" Model 32. But I have seen one! Today, in fact, with a full set of Purbaugh tubes. {hs#

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:27 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:
he targets were much better in quality than in years past

So please educate me on this comment. Skeet targets are the same everywhere, the field dimensions are the same, the hoop the same size, so someone help me understand this comment....... :?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 pm 
Diamond Grade

What makes these target better than last years, assuming the wind was not a factor?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:32 pm 
Presentation Grade

labloverva wrote:
What makes these target better than last years, assuming the wind was not a factor?

Maybe all the machines were securely bolted down this year :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:17 am 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Quote:
he targets were much better in quality than in years past

So please educate me on this comment. Skeet targets are the same everywhere, the field dimensions are the same, the hoop the same size, so someone help me understand this comment....... :?

You don't know much about skeet if you believe that! Although I suspect you're just being sarcastic.

I've only shot two Masters Opens, and yes, the targets were better this year. Less wind blowing them around, and almost no broken targets thrown, which were numerous last time.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:41 am 
Crown Grade

Don't shoot skeet, so not being sarcastic. I do know that the field layouts are the same everywhere, the speeds and trajectories never change; so please explain.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin