It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CZ Redhead Premier makes PING sound when fired. Does yours?
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:17 pm 
Field Grade

All,

I picked up my new CZ Redhead Premier 28g O/U (2017 model) and took it to the skeet range to try it. It functioned well, although the action got tighter and harder to open the more I fired it. I only put 3 boxes through and it was getting pretty tight even thought I had greased it pretty liberally prior to shooting. I'm hoping wear in will help with that.

That being said, I couldnt help but notice I very loud "PING" sound from each barrel when fired. My shooting partner heard it as well. I remember that somebody else had posted that their CZ O/U does the same thing, but I cant seem to find that thread.

Anybody else had/having the same issue with a "PING" sound during firing of the your CZ O/U?

Thanks,

Randy

Post subject: Re: CZ Redhead Premier makes PING sound when fired. Does you
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:58 pm 
Field Grade

I have not had a chance to get mine out...hoping this is not an issue with them...

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:59 pm 
Field Grade

I have the 12 gauge target and mine does not ping.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 am 
Crown Grade

I have a 16 ga DeHaan U-2 O/U that is basically the same gun. I have not noticed any pinging sound when shooting the gun. Just a thought, but have you tried different shells in your gun.

16 ga DeHaan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:44 am 
Field Grade

Riflemeister wrote:
I have a 16 ga DeHaan U-2 O/U that is basically the same gun.

Wow! That looks exactly like the engraving on my Wingshooter Elite! Exactly...

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:53 am 
Field Grade

[quote="Riflemeister"]I have a 16 ga DeHaan U-2 O/U that is basically the same gun. I have not noticed any pinging sound when shooting the gun. Just a thought, but have you tried different shells in your gun.

Last Sunday was the first time I've taken it out. I bought a flat of Winchester AAHS 1300fps 7 1/2's because thats all I could get my hands on at the time. My plan is to shoot those and reload them with my more skeet appropriate specs. I reloaded the 3 boxes I shot last weekend with this recipe:

3/4oz #9 @1200fps
13g Alliant 20/28
Win WAA28HS hulls
Win 209 Primers
Win AAHS wads

I would be surprised if the load made a difference but at this point anything is possible. I've contacted Neale at CZ-USA to see if he can offer some insight but haven't heard back from yet.