It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fitasc Shotgun
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:12 pm 
Field Grade

What do you consider the best shotgun for Fitasc?

I'm looking at a Parazzi just not sure what model.

Is it true they will do a custom fitting with purchase?

Post subject: Re: Fitasc Shotgun
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:50 pm 
Crown Grade

You can spec everything about a Perazzi from barrel length, weight, weight distribution, type of grip, type of forearm, drop-out trigger group or not, fixed or changeable chokes, etc.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

"Best" any item is a relative term,But Perazzi's are FINE guns and there are several other brands that would work just fine as well :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx
http://www.rosecityflyingclays.com/
http://www.caneycreeklodge.net/shootingsports.html

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:56 pm 
Crown Grade

Absolutely............ANY gun capable of firing two shots can do the job - if the shooter can do his part

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm 
Field Grade

Let me rephrase. If you could choose any Fitasc shotgun, what would it be?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:12 pm 
Utility Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Absolutely............ANY gun capable of firing two shots can do the job - if the shooter can do his part

This is such a bad answer. If everyone could shoot perfectly all the time then there would be no reason to have different guns, everyone would have a Mossberg 930 because they're the cheapest two shot gun out there. It adds nothing to the conversation and doesn't help anyone.

But as a real answer, because FITASC can vary greatly, any good quality gun that can give you good movement in all directions can be useful, I'd shy away from any specialized gun particulars and find an all around sporting gun. Any of the custom guns can be set up for it, I would shoot a few and see if you can borrow some to see if you like the swing in different directions and the guns movement.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:18 pm 
Crown Grade

haswipp wrote:
Let me rephrase. If you could choose any Fitasc shotgun, what would it be?

I would have a bespoke Perazzi made.

Added: With fixed chokes of tight and tighter.... :wink:

Last edited by oneounceload on Thu May 10, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:21 pm 
Crown Grade

Wmrcobb wrote:
oneounceload wrote:

This is such a bad answer. If everyone could shoot perfectly all the time then there would be no reason to have different guns, everyone would have a Mossberg 930 because they're the cheapest two shot gun out there. It adds nothing to the conversation and doesn't help anyone.

But as a real answer, because FITASC can vary greatly, any good quality gun that can give you good movement in all directions can be useful, I'd shy away from any specialized gun particulars and find an all around sporting gun. Any of the custom guns can be set up for it, I would shoot a few and see if you can borrow some to see if you like the swing in different directions and the guns movement.

Not a bad answer at all; merely stating it is the Indian, not the arrow. Does a custom-fitted perfectly balanced gun give the average guy a better chance? I think it does. I would also venture that any of the top dogs could pick up practically any gun and outshoot us mere mortals.......

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have a Perazzi. It shoots Fitasc way better than I can.

Order one from a dealer like Pacific Sporting Arms or Dan Lokker @ Giacomos. They can walk you thru all of the things you need to know and what works best for you.

I find certain features work better for me. I like a tightly curved pistol grip. The relaxed pistol grip is uncomfortable to me. I prefer a semi-beavertail fore-end. I do not like a schnabel.

I like choke tubes. Makes the gun more versatile. BUT I do have one set of bbls that is choked 18 and 24 which works great for Fitasc.

Figure out what you want.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:21 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks Guys.

Currently I have a fitted Kolar for Skeet/Sporting. Large palm swell and twisted stock to fit my pocket.
I also have a high rib, which I believe doesn't help in Fitasc.

Was going to try some low rib straight stock guns.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Heck if you used to the high rib sounds to me you're all set for Fitasc :) Now just wanting something else is different all together :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx
http://www.rosecityflyingclays.com/
http://www.caneycreeklodge.net/shootingsports.html

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

No FITASC gun discussion would be complete without mention of a Krieghoff Parcours. I came from a Perazzi MX2000 and would not go back. YMMV

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:07 pm 
Limited Edition

I answered this question for myself 9 years ago. Perazzi MX2000 with 34” barrels, flat rib, fixed chokes of .020 and .028 stocked to my dimensions. It weighs 8lb 10oz, but moves so smoothly I’ve shot lots of straights at skeet and wobble skeet, gun down. For ME it’s the perfect FITASC gun. That said, I’ve got some shoulder issues and I’ve been shooting a Beretta A400 Sporting with the Kick Off. It’s a pound lighter, gives me less recoil and I shoot it as well as the Pgun. Anything that fits you, moves the way you want it to and is reliable will work. Perazzi’s are just the coolest Sporting shotguns in existence and if you want one and can afford it, buy one.
Regards,
Jeff

PS: choke tubes are for sissies.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:58 pm 
Field Grade

Kreighoff Parcours

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:54 am 
Tournament Grade

At the risk of intense flaming... My buddy just bought a CG Invictus VII. I believe it to be equal to a Perazzi in most ways and superior in others. For instance, the CG locks out barrel selection unless it’s on safe to prevent the “Perazzi double”. The lock-time and trigger are outstanding as well.

If I didn’t already shoot a Parcours, I’d be buying a Caesar Guerini.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:08 pm 
Field Grade

A400 xcel 32" barrel Muller U3 choke..........been enjoying fitasc for a long time. Added a monte carlo stock for a more consistent mount, been happy, and have moved to 1oz loads now for everything, 5 stand, sporting, super sporting, and Fitasc.

Alot of guys are shooting fixed choke guns for fitasc, and or "live piegon barrels". The Parcour is becoming the must have for Fitasc, hence its name.

NSCA#620844
Muller Mafia Member
Regarde l'oiseau

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:21 pm 
Limited Edition

The Parcours is an excellent shotgun, but it’s just Krieghoff building a gun that moves more like a Perazzi than the more muzzle heavy traditional K80s. It’s nice that Krieghoff gives shooters a choice in gun dynamics, but nothing at this price point matches the customization you get with buying a new, just for you, Perazzi. I think the biggest problem is most people are overwhelmed when they see all the choices one has to make when ordering a true custom gun. I knew exactly what I wanted, and that’s what I got. Shoot what makes you happy.
Jeff

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:32 am 
Tournament Grade

Most important is gun fit

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:13 am 
Tournament Grade

georgeh41 wrote:
A400 xcel 32" barrel Muller U3 choke..........been enjoying fitasc for a long time. Added a monte carlo stock for a more consistent mount, been happy, and have moved to 1oz loads now for everything, 5 stand, sporting, super sporting, and Fitasc.

Alot of guys are shooting fixed choke guns for fitasc, and or "live piegon barrels". The Parcour is becoming the must have for Fitasc, hence its name.

I am going to have the temerity to say that comparable to the A400, some would say better, are the FABARM Sporting models with 30-32 inch barrels. I am ducking for cover now! Look out-INCOMING! LOL